Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Is there any option other than surgery for kidney stone? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 03-Jan-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Kidney Conditions
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1506 Questions
User:Hi Dr.. Good Evening
Doctor:Good evening
Doctor:How can I help you ?
User:My elder brother diagnosed with 18 mm stone in Kidney...
User:can it be cured by medicines or it has to be operated only?
Doctor:It is big enough to need some type of surgery
User:oh ok...
Doctor:Though medicines can be tried first
User:can you please let me know what type of surgery it Laser?
User:ok.. can you suggest or do I need to consult any Dr?
Doctor:Short wave lithotripsy is the least invasive
Doctor:laser is also good
User:for treatmenet using I need to consult any Dr?
Doctor:I think he will need the laser traetment endoscopically
Doctor:Another choice is percutaneous nephrolithotomy
Doctor:You can consult a nephrologist (kidney dis dpecialist) or urologist for it
User:he can suggest whether it can be treated using medicine or need to be operated?
Doctor:Do you have any question?
Doctor:he will be able to give you the best suggestion
User:ok..thanks Dr
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me
User:Thanks for yoiur tinme
Doctor:Take care
User:thanks Dr
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor