Is there any operation/Surgery can be taken for curing thyroid problem? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
My Name is XXXXXXX
I have few queries related to Thyroid problem
My Mom has thyroid problem and she is taking Tablets everyday
Is There any Operation/Surgery can be taken for curing this or It should be cured through tabletes ?
Please advice me
May I know her age?
Can you describe her symptoms?
She is 43 years old
She doesn't have any symptoms are as such! but when we check in my native, she is kind of overweight and taking tablets daily
Is there any kind of lump or swelling over the neck?
Ok. Let me brief you now.
The treatment here is usually medication. Surgical treatment is restricted to only those patients who have a swelling in the neck.
Besides that surgical removal of the thyroid will only add to worsening of hypothyroidism and life long supplements is a must.
In simple terms, based on the details provided,
I feel there is no role of surgery in her treatment.
Have you followed?
So regular tablets will solve this ?
Yeah! I understood! only in case of swelling/dimple, surgical method will be followed
Yes, regular supplements will keep her symptoms in control so that she can be as normal as anyone else.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- How the cream dermadew caloe works?
- Solar plex painful to touch early pregnancy
- Low testosterone symptoms numbness
- Pinworms and low tsh
- Treatment and cure for typhoid ,thyroid problem
- Is it ok to drink ensure before bed
- Heart pvc's after eating
- Precautions taken in case of thyroid problem
- Rectum pain low testosterone
- What is the cure for my thyroid problems
- Low testosterone stomach pain
- Thyroid problems after gallbladder surgery
- Thyroid problems cure vertigo
- Low tsh sensitive nipples
- Purpose of giving koragon 5000 injection ?