Is it normal for a child to have fever after given pentaxim? - Online Doctor Chats
my wife delivered a pre-term baby first set of inj were given after 1 months
Now what is the age of the baby?
2 months, right?
on 1st dec second inj
today we have given him oral polio
i gave pentaxim coz the baby won't fever i think yesterday he had little fever, also feel hez fine now
is it common babies get fever after pentaxim is given
Yes. It is very common for babies to get fever after any vaccine.
actually pentaxim is very costly injection and was adviced it would be gentle
That is because it causes a subtle immune reaction.
oh ok so its common to get fever and nothing to worry?
There is no need to get concerned about it.
What is the weight of the baby now?
2 months 5 day baby 3.25 kg
now oral polio was given today as my son had lose motion on saturday as adviced by doc
now hez fine
he was born in 31st week
Both calpol and crocin has the same content.
It is just that they are produced by different companies.
on the case of crocin drops i found warning should not be given more than 4 times and also 4 hrs gap between drops
actually i was a little concerned about this
That is fine. It is a general precaution. Normally we would give these drops at every 6 hours or 8 hours interval.
So maximum you give is 4 times daily.
At present, you can give it 3 times daily as the fever is mild.
however you said 5 drops, every 3 hours, if fever is present.
Sorry, I mistyped it.
It is three times.
now as i have given oral polio today is it ok if we give the third set of vaccine on 29 dec 2012?
Third set of vaccines is to be given 4 weeks after the second dose.
1 and 29th dec is 4 weeks right?
or should i consider today
was oral polio was given today
i mean as oral polio was given today
You can give it on 29th of December.
Because, it will be the third dose for Pentaxim.
no second dose of pentaxim
can we talk over phone please?
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Flu vaccine without preservatives
- Can lantus solostar cure insulin dependent diabetes ?
- Child fever after burn
- Enbrel and flu vaccine
- I am suffering from osteopenia, can i take calci mix?
- Is a fever normal after a week
- I am suffering from period pain, can i take voltaren?
- Is fever after a miscarriage normal
- Stuttering child after high fever
- I am suffering from panic attacks, can i take ativan?
- Flu vaccine and ibuprofen
- Reaction to measles vaccine
- I am suffering from gonorrhea, can i take cipro i.v.?
- Adult pertussis vaccine side effects
- Is 992 a fever and child acting normal