Is it advisable to start semi solid food before 6 months? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
Dr XXXXXXX this is XXXXXXX
i've a question related to feeding my infant baby
Yes, XXXXXXX .. Proceed with your query.
My daughter is 4 months old now. She is being exclusively breastfed at the moment. However, my wife isn't lactating very well, so my daughter remains hungry sometimes. Is it advisable to start semi solid food before 6 months?
We can start semi solid food after 4 months.
This process of weaning can start now and gradually continued by 6 months.
I suggest you to talk to her pediatrician and start of weaning food such as other milk products (top up milk), smashed rice, gruel, vegetables, etc.
Have you followed?
yes, we tried giving her top-feeds , but she doesn't like them so much. so had to stop them alltogether
so can we start with rice cerelac ?
There should not be any harm in giving cerelac / other similar brands.
thank you Dr XXXXXXX
Do you have any other query?
nope, none at the moment
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Recommended 4months baby solid food g6pd positive
- Head pressure due to stiff neck
- Hair loss due to shingles
- Body cold after drinking milk
- I have been suffering from semi solid stools since 6 months
- Head tilt due to tmj
- Infertility due to shower head
- Passing semi solid stool after food intake
- Redness on body after taking oflomac
- Semi solid loose motions for 6 months
- Low body temperature after fever
- Mri due to headache
- Low body temperature after fever kids
- 6th month start in baby food
- Low body temperature after fever medication