Is it advisable to start semi solid food before 6 months? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
Dr XXXXXXX this is XXXXXXX
i've a question related to feeding my infant baby
Yes, XXXXXXX .. Proceed with your query.
My daughter is 4 months old now. She is being exclusively breastfed at the moment. However, my wife isn't lactating very well, so my daughter remains hungry sometimes. Is it advisable to start semi solid food before 6 months?
We can start semi solid food after 4 months.
This process of weaning can start now and gradually continued by 6 months.
I suggest you to talk to her pediatrician and start of weaning food such as other milk products (top up milk), smashed rice, gruel, vegetables, etc.
Have you followed?
yes, we tried giving her top-feeds , but she doesn't like them so much. so had to stop them alltogether
so can we start with rice cerelac ?
There should not be any harm in giving cerelac / other similar brands.
thank you Dr XXXXXXX
Do you have any other query?
nope, none at the moment
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Recommended 4months baby solid food g6pd positive
- Is skin rash a side effect of lorzone?
- Child pneumonia white count 4000 temperature 103
- I have been suffering from semi solid stools since 6 months
- 2yr old 103 fever glossy red eyes
- Child with 103 temp with cold feet
- Passing semi solid stool after food intake
- 103 degree fever in 7 year old
- 103 degree fever and severe stomach pain
- Is diarrhea a side effect of luvox cr?
- Is itching a side effect of meclizine?
- Semi solid loose motions for 6 months
- Is nosebleeds a side effect of keflex?
- Is headache a side effect of lucentis?
- 6th month start in baby food