Is having itchy rashes on skin a symptom of chicken pox? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
Hi Doctor,few days back my sister was infected with chicken pox
yesterday,I saw some ichy rashews in my skin as well..so how will I confirm whether i am also infected or not?
Generally infective rashes including chicken pox is associated with prodromol symptoms.
what do you mean by prodomal symptoms?
In the absence of these prodromol symptoms it is less likely to be from infection.
However without a direct examination it is difficult to guess the cause of rashes.
Watch the rash for a day or two.
If it continues to trouble you, then visit a doctor.
Have you followed?
ok..but you know I have a tight schedule line up for this week..I cant miss going to office for a week...so even if I am infected..could I go to office?
If its is indeed from a viral infection, then I would recommend that you take break from work.
for how many days?
Since viral exanthematous condition have no specific treatment apart from good nutrition and rest, it is advisable to take rest.
You need to plan for 3-5 days rest. The condition should be reassessed after this period and the need to work/test shall be determined.
But at this point, I am not very convinced that you have infection.
and do you think "Aciclovir" will help in any way?
It would be best to consider treatment option and break from rest after you confirm the possibility.
As I said earlier, it doesn't seem to be from infection at this point.
ok doctor...thanks a lot for your suggestions
Do you have any more questions?
no thanks alot
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- In what case does typhoid repeat immediately
- Painfulil inserting procedure copper t
- Symptoms of chicken pox infection
- How to take care of minuscus tear
- Strep b uncircumcised men carry
- Serratiopeptidase in vocal cord cyst
- Does thyronorm cures vocal cords problems
- How to fixed copper t in vigina
- Treatment the typhoid carrier
- Symptoms of chicken pox
- Case quiz on tuberculosis
- Skin rash that looks like chicken pox
- Atypical chicken pox symptoms
- Is the itching skin a symptom of chicken pox
- How to cope with sigmoidoscopy