Is elevated GGT level a matter of concern? - Online Doctor Chats
HI Doctor, I had some blood results back yesterday, all within range, apart from GGT which was 80. Is this worrying? All other LFT's were fine. Many thanks
Before I answer this question
I would like to know the reason for testing?
Did you have a concern?
Are you there?
Just a general health check after christmas. Saw doctor I was feeling tired and my weight is in the obese catagory 35. I had been drinking most evenings in the lead up to christmas, socially
Thanks for providing this detail. That helped.
Let me answer your question.
GGT level of 80 is elevated.
However I am not concerned
The high level is probably the effect of you drinking and your weight.
You don't need to be worried.
I sometimes bring up bile after a heavy fat mea.
Hope that is clear?
Yes it is clear. although I sometimes get sick after eating heavy fat meal and I would be in bed for the following day feeling awful
Well that is fairly good news. Need to slow down on my drinking and lose some blubber.
I would observe you with a low fat meal and alcohol abstinence for couple of months.
Many thanks Doctors
If you tend to have plenty of nausea and vomiting, over the counter antiemetic drugs can be very handly.
You also need to concentrate on losing weight.
You may repeat the test probably after 3 months time, the entire liver function test and GGT.
Things should hopefully resolve.
Hope this helped you.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Are you there?
Since we are done with the chat I am closing the chat.
Thanks for consulting me.
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Arms lose circulation bent
- Taxol and elevated ggt levels
- Elevated ggt levels and night sweats
- Diagnosis of knot on arm by bicep
- Is an increasing ggt level a cause for concern
- Gallbladder stones elevated ggt levels
- Ct scan caused miscarriage
- Elevated alt and ggt levels
- Waking up numb arm ecstacy
- Rib touching pelvis
- Usg scanning pregnancy tifa scan
- Uneven uterine cavity
- L arginine and proanthocyanidin granules
- Proteus vulgaris on macconkey agar
- Suddenly face gets hot and arms blotchy