Irregular period. Have PCOD. On metformin. Need hormonal balance? - Online Doctor Chats
i have PCOD
How much is your weight?
Are your cycles regular?
Have you been put on a course of oral contraceptives?
will be regular for continuous 3 or 4 months then it will become irregular.
means? i didnt understand
Actually , PCOD is a condition in which the hormones are deranged
Apart from folic acid and metformin, have you received any drugs?
yes. omega fatty acid and one more medicin with cromium. not remembering the name
Actually , there are several things that can be done still
First thing is that we need to make your cycles regular
that can be done with oral contraceptives
They have hormones which can stabilize the hormone levels in the body
since 2008 i am taking these kind of medicine. still its not become regular
Second, we can try and induce ovulation
But you just said only metformin, folic acid and some nutritional supplement
yes. is that not enough?
since the treatment is not working, we need to address other things as well
I am telling you
second, we can induce ovulation
this can be done with drugs like clomiphene
Other options to clomiphene are also available if this doesnt work
Then you have surgery as well
In this, we burn some part of the abnormal ovarian tissue
that helps a lot of women get regular periods
Do you follow?
You may need to take a second opinion
Have hormone levels like Lh, FSH, etc been done for you?
yes. one year before. doctor said verything on normal level.
Lets do one thing
You take a scanned copy of your reports and post a question on ask a specialist
You can seek their opinion
You definitely need a second opinion and you may have to travel also a little bit to come to a larger centre
So you would be guided by that infertility specialist
Please ensure you provide all reports and a detailed history
I think that is the best way forward
Is there anything else I can help you with?
Does this make you feel better?
Have a good day
Thanks for consulting me
thanks. you too.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Heavy bleeding nausea using depo provera cause
- Consistent flu symptoms since a month stubborn congestion cause
- If i take norethisterone will it change the timing of my next period
- Pcod clome metformin ebexid ineffective how to conceive
- Vaginal discomfort itching in clitoris and vaginal entrance treatment
- Passing skin during period
- Diagnosed with pcod before pregnancy which was treated with metformin
- Metformin lose motion pcod
- Does primolut contain hcg hormone
- Delay in periods before marriage
- Pcod and hypothyroidism crimson 35 metformin trying to conceive
- At what stage of pregnancy can one detect a stillbirth
- Scan shows no dominant follicle reason
- I pill delay period
- Pcod lactating regular periods can i start metformin