Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Internal heaorrhoid - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2549 Questions
User :   Hi, recently I become aware of protruding rectal material. It is two bulges (soft) that protrude around a cm out of the anus whilst i'm on the toilet and almost disappear after. They lumps are not painful, do not itch and I haven't seen any blood. I am quite constipated
User :   hello?
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   from when did you notice this bulge?
User :   probably about a month ago
Doctor :  
do they appear every time you go to bathroom?
User :   yes
Doctor :  
and it goes back by itself after passing stools
User :   yes
Doctor :  
do you have constipation problem
User :   Yes especially last 2 weeks
Doctor :  
Doctor :   may i know your age and occupation
User :   I'm 24. I have recently (last 4 months) gone on a diet and would say that I have been straining to go to the toilet as a result
Doctor :  
the mass you are mentioning seems to be internal haemorrhoids
Doctor :  
it needs an evaluation by the surgeon
Doctor :  
a per rectal examination and a proctoscopic examination
Doctor :  
are you there?
User :   yes sorry
User :   would this be to determine how they best can be treated and to rule out other conditions?
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   by the proctoscopic examination it can be confirmed that it is internal haemorrhoid and no other complication there and also the treatment option can be determined
User :   ok
Doctor :  
is there anything else i can help you with?
User :   No you have been a good help. I will go to my local GP and take it from there. Thank you for your help
Doctor :   you need to visit a surgeon office
Doctor :  
i am not sure GP can make a per rectal examination
User :   ok how would i go about a hospital. I've never heard of a surgeons office in britain?
Doctor :  
what i mean is you need to visit a hospital and take a consultation from the general surgeon
User :   ok i will do that. Thank you for your help
Doctor :   please fill the feed back form
Doctor :   thanks for consulting health care magic, we are available 24/7, please login back if you have any medical query
Doctor :   bye for now
User :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor