Insulin injection and food intake, urinary tract infection - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
Doctor : How can I help you?
User : sir,my father is taking insulin every day two times.should the food be taken immediately after insulin or is there any time to wait.
Doctor : It depends on the times of the day his blood sugar is not under control
Doctor : Insulin reduces the blood sugar in the body
Doctor : so most of the times after the insulin is injected the doctor advice to take the food
Doctor : Insulin is fast acting
Doctor : so you do not have to wait to take food, within next 10 to 15 minutes he can take food
User : sir my query is when we give insulin should we wait for giving food for some time or can he have lunch or dinner immediately
Doctor : My second answer is for your question
Doctor : Insulin is fast acting so you do not have to wait to take food, within next 10 to 15 minutes he can take food
Doctor : What is his age
User : sir my father is is having UTI infection & sugar is high creatine is 3.0 and he is on strict diet control.pls advise
User : his age is 62 yrs
Doctor : Serum creatinine raises in many conditions
Doctor : one such condition is Urinary tract infection in Diabetics
User : yes sir
Doctor : So one it is treated the creatinine
Doctor : is likely to back to normal
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Is severe headache a side effect of arthrotec?
- Is dilated neck veins a side effect of avapro?
- Cortisone injections and urinary tract infections
- Apidra sliding scale dose
- Levemir peak onset duration
- Is loss of appetite a side effect of benlysta?
- Humalog mix 25 insulin
- Is chest congestion a side effect of benlysta?
- Marijuana and urinary tract infection
- Iud urinary tract infection
- Is bleeding gums a side effect of amoxicillin?
- Jentadueto and janumet differences
- Clarithromycin urinary tract infection
- Fluoxetine urinary tract infection
- Galvus met 50 500