Injury in the stomach due to knife - Online Doctor Chats
User : Hey!
Doctor : hi
Doctor : how can i help you
Doctor : are you there
User : Ok, a friend of mine was working in the garage and to cut a long story short, he fell on his right side and a pocket knife went into the side of his belly.
Doctor : when was it?
Doctor : how long ago
Doctor : Please provide these details: Age, Gender, Location, Occupation, Marital status, Height and Weight.
User : about 30 minutes ago, age: 13 male, garage, not occupation, single, 5'9 121 pounds.
Doctor : rush to the nearest hospital immediately
Doctor : get a xray done
User : Anyway, I don't know how deep it is, and I just convinced him to go to the hospital five mintitues ago. he left. My question is.....did he puncture his intestine? What would be the signs of a puntured intestine?
User : and how long would he be in the hospital for?
Doctor : only after clinical examination and test like xray abdomen, ultrasound can reveal the extent of injury
Doctor : it depends on the extent of injury
Doctor : which can be revealed by the treating doctor
User : Let's say it went about 1/4 of an inch into the intestine.
User : and the knife is about 1/4 of an inch wide.
Doctor : we cannot assume the things
Doctor : unless i see the patient, i cant be sure about the extent of injury
Doctor : i need to support my clinical findings with the appropriate tests
Doctor : as well
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Normal mercury blood levels
- I got darier s disease on my skin
- Head injury with stomach ache
- Calcium elevated in blood
- Woman polio leg braces
- I want advice about sex changing
- How can i get cure from dark black spot
- My wife is suffering from tb meningitis please help her
- Brachial plexus nerve injury
- Stomach injury causes
- Symptoms of Stomach injury
- Diagnosis of Stomach injury
- Sharp breast pain breastfeeding
- Treatment and cure for Stomach injury
- Please suggest me solution for my fatigue