Infection due to bullet injury - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
how can i help you
User : my husband was shot in the back with a 357 two months ago. the bullet went through his sacrum bone, large intestine, and through his bladder. he has had an infection that his pcp missed and we are now seeing a different doctor. he has been on keflex,levaquin, and augmentin. He went and had a ct with contrast today wich revealed the infetion has gotten worse and spreads all the way to his colon. he is in alot of pain and says his guts hurt. his next appt with this doctor is in 3 days. should I wait that long or have him admitted to the hospital?
Doctor : you should admit him soon
Doctor : otherwise his condition may deteriorate
User : he has a low grade fever
Doctor : yes because of the infection his temperature rised
User : will they need to put him on intavenious antibiotics?
Doctor : if at all there is any need they will do that
Doctor : augumentin itself a higher antibiotic
User : he has a colostomy and is supposed to have it reversed could this have a negative affect on that?
User : how long can some one have a internal infection without treatment?
Doctor : it wont have any negative effecst
Doctor : but if they find any necrotic bowel they will try to remove that infective foci
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Health benefits of jagermeister
- Foods good for esophagitis
- Drugs/medication for bullet injury
- Feels like something pressing on esophagus
- Bullet injury causes
- Health benefits of uncooked rice
- Diagnosis of bullet injury
- Symptoms of bullet injury
- Hydrocortisone and redbull benefits
- Health benefits of sleeping without a pillow
- Treatment and cure for bullet injury
- Health benefits of stameta
- Taking medication tongue and esophagus hurts
- Feeling of gas in esophagus
- Esophageal spams natural rx