Infection due to bullet injury - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
how can i help you
User : my husband was shot in the back with a 357 two months ago. the bullet went through his sacrum bone, large intestine, and through his bladder. he has had an infection that his pcp missed and we are now seeing a different doctor. he has been on keflex,levaquin, and augmentin. He went and had a ct with contrast today wich revealed the infetion has gotten worse and spreads all the way to his colon. he is in alot of pain and says his guts hurt. his next appt with this doctor is in 3 days. should I wait that long or have him admitted to the hospital?
Doctor : you should admit him soon
Doctor : otherwise his condition may deteriorate
User : he has a low grade fever
Doctor : yes because of the infection his temperature rised
User : will they need to put him on intavenious antibiotics?
Doctor : if at all there is any need they will do that
Doctor : augumentin itself a higher antibiotic
User : he has a colostomy and is supposed to have it reversed could this have a negative affect on that?
User : how long can some one have a internal infection without treatment?
Doctor : it wont have any negative effecst
Doctor : but if they find any necrotic bowel they will try to remove that infective foci
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Dry numb fingertips symptom
- Does a body still bleed after death
- Dizzy sweaty nausea
- Drugs/medication for bullet injury
- Bullet injury causes
- Diagnosis of bullet injury
- Low libido following hysterectomy
- Symptoms of bullet injury
- Muscle ache bright orange urine
- Mtpill 200mg one tablety
- Treatment and cure for bullet injury
- Does groin strain effect testicles
- Mosaic skin disease
- Morning after pill tonsils
- Does gas in body form bubbles in urine