Infant with frequent loose motion. What to do to increase the weight? - Online Doctor Chats
gud evening Dr.
how can I help u today ?
i want to consult you for my daughter.
she is 4 week old.
we are from mumbai
her problem is 1. very often she get lose motion.
2. due to lose motion we thinkshe is very thin..
May i know her birth weight ? Was she born by normal delivery or surgery ? any complications during delivery ?
also, what is her current weight now ?
no complication were there..
was she born at normal time of 38 weeks or preterm ?
How often does she have loose stools ? Is there any foul smell ?
Is she sleepy all the time ? is she feeding well ?
no smell she do potty almost 10-12 times a day..
she is very active..
does she urinate well ?
we saw her to doctor also ..but once we discontinue the prescribed medicine it starts again
yes she urinate well.
when was the last time, she was seen by her doctor ?
10 days back..
we tried to 2-3 doctors ..but we see no improvement.
since your daughter, has gained weight adequately, so far, i do not see anything abnormal in it
we get the same response from dr. also but we dont understand..abt motions..
it does take some time, for the intestines of infants, to absorb all the water in the intestines
there is no need to worry about it
one more q Dr.
when we can feed her external food..
also want to know abt imp vacinations..
upto the age of 4 months, she should be on exclusive breast feeding
unless the breast milk, is reduced , additional feeds are not needed
after 4 months, other feeds can be started
Do u have any other questions ?
U R WELCOME
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Infant having frequent loose motion is this severe or mild
- Treatment for frequent loose motion
- What could cause a prolonged loose motions in an infant
- What cause sting if you pea
- Why does my four year old complain of belly aches regularly
- Development of a babys eardrums
- Pathophysiology for tounge cancer
- Effects of asthalin puff in pregnancy
- Pimple turns to cancer
- Neoprene rubber and cancer
- Infant having loose motion what could be the cause
- Nutrilite protein powder cancer
- Loose motions green and frequent what is the reason
- Excessive saliva in 11 month baby
- Why cancer patients are always upset