Infant with frequent loose motion. What to do to increase the weight? - Online Doctor Chats
gud evening Dr.
how can I help u today ?
i want to consult you for my daughter.
she is 4 week old.
we are from mumbai
her problem is 1. very often she get lose motion.
2. due to lose motion we thinkshe is very thin..
May i know her birth weight ? Was she born by normal delivery or surgery ? any complications during delivery ?
also, what is her current weight now ?
no complication were there..
was she born at normal time of 38 weeks or preterm ?
How often does she have loose stools ? Is there any foul smell ?
Is she sleepy all the time ? is she feeding well ?
no smell she do potty almost 10-12 times a day..
she is very active..
does she urinate well ?
we saw her to doctor also ..but once we discontinue the prescribed medicine it starts again
yes she urinate well.
when was the last time, she was seen by her doctor ?
10 days back..
we tried to 2-3 doctors ..but we see no improvement.
since your daughter, has gained weight adequately, so far, i do not see anything abnormal in it
we get the same response from dr. also but we dont understand..abt motions..
it does take some time, for the intestines of infants, to absorb all the water in the intestines
there is no need to worry about it
one more q Dr.
when we can feed her external food..
also want to know abt imp vacinations..
upto the age of 4 months, she should be on exclusive breast feeding
unless the breast milk, is reduced , additional feeds are not needed
after 4 months, other feeds can be started
Do u have any other questions ?
U R WELCOME
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Swollen ear inside ear lobe inner ear
- Infant having frequent loose motion is this severe or mild
- Tailbone bruise sitting computer pilonidal cyst
- Treatment for frequent loose motion
- Big lump pain less on jawline
- What could cause a prolonged loose motions in an infant
- Big stomach 7 year old
- Toddler cut top of big toe
- Big meal followed by a fever
- Stomach cramps and tiredness
- Stiff ankle in 18 month baby
- Stopping vitiligo from spreading
- Infant having loose motion what could be the cause
- Bifilac for 3 month old
- Loose motions green and frequent what is the reason