Infant suffering from severe cough, chest congestion. Treatment? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
doctor my baby is 3 month old n she is caughing a lot.we can feel the chest congestion by touching her back.
Is there any noisy breathing?
yes,she has nose congestion also for which we are giving her nasoclear
Is she having fever?
no,but few days back on 7th of this month she got her vaccine for which she got fever only the very next day..after that she was ok
her mother is suffering from chickenpox
Let me guide you regarding this.
It is common for infants to have respiratory infections frequently as their immunity has not come to its full potential.
This can be done only after a proper examination.
In the meantime, you can continue using nasoclear.
the baby is not taking formula feed..so she is on breast feed..is this safe doctor
because her mother is infected
It is best to continue with the breast feeding.
Also maintain a warm environment in the room where the baby sleeps.
one last Q doctor
May I know her weight?
Sure, please proceed.
when we keep her warm she sweats a lot.some says sweating also causes caughing..so what to do..her weight is 5.6 kg
Keeping warm does not mean to keep in hot environment. Just that , it should not be cold.
ok and we are keeping the baby isolated from her mother..so for how long we have to keep hr isolated
Until after all the crusting is over. That would be around 1 week after recovery.
But, in the meantime please do get her examined by a pediatrician.
ok. thnx a lot doctor
Have you understood all my suggestions?
Is there anything else I could help you on?
not for now ..thnx doctor
Hope I had been of help in addressing your concerns.
Thanks for consulting me. Have a Nice Evening!!
Wishing your family a fast recovery.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Suggest treatment for severe coughing
- Glandular fever anaesthetic
- Ayurvedic treatment for cough for infant
- Rash on butt crack amoxicillin
- Symptoms of bilateral endometriotic cysts
- What are the treatments for severe coughing
- Toddler rash on butt and ankles
- Amoebiasis symptoms in toddlers
- Symptoms of genetic baldness
- Treatment and cure for severe coughing
- Symptoms of bilateral pulmonary emphysema
- Symptoms of hypersensitive airway disease
- Ant bites on toddlers penis
- Symptoms of emotional/hysterical amnesia
- Treatment for severe cough in children