Infant suffering from severe cold, slight fever. What should i do? - Online Doctor Chats
Please proceed with your query
I have a 9 month old son
I am sorry about this
Did you give him any medicine?
Is he coughing too?
I don't know what pills and medicines he is using, as he is in remote
cold and fever are common in infants
Yes, a slight cough.
Around 1.5ml to 2ml after feeding him is good enough
Yes Madam, I shall do that. No other medicines required, right?
NO XXXXXXX he should be fine with this is a couple of days
Make sure, to keep him warm always
Is he breast fed by the mother?
Yes, breast feed, Madam
Let she continue to feed the baby
If the temperature goes up to more than 100, then consider visiting the peadiatrician
But mostly, the baby should be fine soon
Yes Madam, but since last week she has been with less amount of milk. However she has been using Lacatre Granules. Even then no sufficient milk.
Do not worry, the mother will produce sufficient milk for the baby all the time
The more she feeds the more milk is produced
Ok. She feeds now almost 5 to 6 times a day. But in the nights, a bit problem in feeding as she will not have much milk.
This is normal
Just she has to continue feeding as long as the baby feeds
I hope you are giving other feeds too to the baby
Ok. Madam, one last question/doubt, Madam. What we can feed other than monther's milk? I mean as rice, fruits etc.
Yes Madam, for now he takes small amount of rice
Yes, you can feed fruits
Well cooked vegetables, which is mashed can also be given
You can also give Ragi mallt
You can also give well cooked rice with dal
Hope you are following my suggestions
If not, please ask me, I shall explain again
No Madam, all answers are clear. No need of repeating
Many great Thanks for clearing doubts.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- What is recessed chin infants
- Night fevers in children
- Enterococcus infection and low sperm motility
- Enterococcus faecalis w nasieniu
- Cold chills head ache slight fever nausia
- Slight fever and headache hiv
- Enterogermina for kids with walamycin
- Slight fever and spotting
- Roundworms in stool children
- Proteus mirabilis enterococco faecalis
- Side effects of disodium hydrogen citrate syrup
- Suffering from slight fever cold coughing and weakness
- What does enthesopathic means
- Increase children immunity
- Can we take combiflam for cold and slight fever