Infant is not passing motion and also some puss coming from ears. Suggest? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
my sister gave birth to baby boy 6 weeks back
baby did not pass motion from last 5 days
and also he has some puss coming out from ears
please advise on this
The frequency and number of stools passed by infants is individualized.
The average frequency starts to reduce as the cross 1 month of age.
Accordingly if he is asymptomatic, is not irritable, feeding well and has no distension of the abdomen, it does not indicate any serious problem.
However presence of pus discharge from the ear concerns me.
His external and middle ear cavity need to be visualized with audioscope and rule out possible infections.
The doctor inaddition to verifying ear infection can also prescribe low dose laxatives for transient use to normalize his stool habit.
Have you followed?
yes doctor.. clearly followed
Do you have any doubts?
i will ask her to visit nearest hospital
Do you have any other queries?
no clarified everytihng
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Thanks for your time and advise
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Fever watery eyes runny nose toddler
- Smelly puss coming out of ear
- Puss coming from child ear
- Pus cells in stool for toddler baby
- Had unprotected sex brown discharges pregnant infection
- Puss coming out of babys ear
- Baby had double the tylenol dose
- Have sle had seizures weight gain reason
- Ear wax drainage infants ear
- Have moveable lump at clavicle notch done ultrasound congenital cyst
- Clear fluid leakage bleeding from rectum had ibs cause
- Home remedies for cough in 11 month old
- Infant white puss in ear
- Infant raised sternum
- Prominent veins in arms have tetrology of fallot cause