Infant has fever, loose stools. How can I prevent dehydration? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
Does the baby have any other complaints?
But today her temp is normal however from morning she has 7 times motions
Is the fever persisting?
May I know the age of the baby?
Right now only motions
How is the motions? I mean is it fully watery? Or is there any blood present in the motion?
Baby is active and playing well
How many times have the child passed urine today?
Semi watery and will be foul smell
Is the child eating well?
Ok. Now let me guide you regarding this.
1. Prevent dehydration: Give ORS (Oral rehydration saline) frequently so that dehydration does not occur.
may I know the weight of the child?
That is fine.
You can wait for one day by giving ORS and Crocin.
Should I change it to calpol
No, you dont have to change.
So it is the same.
Sometimes, an infection can be present.
Today afternoon we gave zenflox and metrogyl
You already started on antibiotic?
Was the child examined by a doctor?
No, was been adviced by my family doctor
So, in that case you can continue giving the medicines.
It may take one or two days.
Is that fyn or we should rush to doctor
You need not rush to the doctor.
It is fine.
It would have been better if the child was examined prior to giving antibiotics.
Now, since you have started you can wait for another 2- 3 days.
In case, it does not subside, then you will have to visit a pediatrician.
Hope that clears your concern.
You are welcome.
It was very helpful.
is there anything else that I could help you on?
I do not have any personal recommendations. But, one of our customer care executives can help you to find a good pediatrician in that area.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Fever green stool infant
- Sugar in babies urine
- Worm syrup for two years baby
- Diagnosis of diabetics fungal infection
- Diagnosis of inflammatory breast cancer
- Baby things that start with r
- Diagnosis of inversion injury
- Wallamycin syrup for babies
- Zentel syrup for babies
- Dehydrated fever feel bad
- Diagnosis of metabolic/electrolyte disorder
- Valley fever dehydration
- Fever and grey stool in infant
- Fever with mucus in stool infant
- Diagnosis of familial movement disorder