Infant. Does not like solid food. What and how solids can be introduced? - Online Doctor Chats
I am Dr. XXXXXXX here
How can I help you?
i have a son who is 5 1/2 months old
just need some basic information
i have started him on solid foods
have been giving him rice mashed
with lactogen and little water
but he doesnt seem to like the taste at all
just want to ask what other food can i give him now at 5 1/2 months?
is it ok to give khicadi? and use jeera powder/haldi/hing in the food preparation?
You can try giving him just rice mashed.
It is fine to give Kichadi.
Initially you can avoid adding jeera.
but he doesnt seem to like it
ok.. with khicadi can i prepare with moong dal?
Once he starts to adapt to the taste, you can add jeera.
Please do not try to introduce everything in one shot.
do i need to give him water?
That is important for adapting to new food as well as to see if he develops allergy to any food items in particular.
Yes. You can give him water.
how much water shud i give him?
There is no particular amount of water you should give. But, you can give him say around 150-250 ml of water a day. That is extra to the normal amount of breast feeding you are giving him.
it is ok to introduce XXXXXXX puree now or do i need to wait for 6 months to complete?
You can give him XXXXXXX puree now.
You need to follow the following procedure in introducing new food.
1. You can give him anything which is easily digestible.
2. You can introduce one type of food in one week.
3. It is possible he might not like the taste, as he has not taken such food items till now.
4. You need to be patient and feed him regularly so that he gets adapted to it.
also is there anything good in giving him plain white rice which i am giving now?
5. If you do not feed him saying that he does not like the taste, then high possibility is there that he may not take it later.
Yes. It is good to give him plain rice. Slowly you can add dal to it.
But make sure you add only one item to it in a week.
So, in case if any allergy occurs we would be able to pinpoint the cause and then take precaution accordingly.
Is everything clear now?
yes it is
thanks for ur help
Is there anything else I can assist you with?
You are Welcome.
that wud be all
And thanks for consulting me.
\Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Lymph nodes all over body
- Could a pinched nerve affect your breathing
- What is nuvaring and how does it work
- How zapiz affects brain
- Cystic fibrosis blood test pregnancy
- What is herpes and how does it come
- Non bilious emesis
- Ruptured bile duct symptoms
- What is colimex how safe is it to use for a 45 day infant
- Urea breath test affect thyroid
- Does pulling stomach muscle affect breathing
- What is iud and how does it work
- Can bronchitis affect hpt
- What is dermaroller and how does it work
- Big bump on toddler forehead