Increased serum metanephrine - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
Doctor : How can I help you?
User : blood test serum metamephrine what does that tell like diseases?
Doctor : metanephrine is a by product for adrenaline metabolism
Doctor : so all the diseases that increse the levels of adrenaline will cause increase metanephrine
User : like heart?
User : liver?
User : is that what u mean im not understanding
Doctor : adrenal glands above the kidney
User : oh so if they are bad do they have to cut them out
Doctor : it usually indicates a condition called pheochromocytoma
User : i see is that curable
Doctor : yes
User : and cathemolmines what does that tell
User : blood test
Doctor : they are the fight and flight hormone
Doctor : useful during stress
Doctor : medicines and surgery are the treatments
User : so a high number of doctor would diagnose you with stress?
User : well anxiety correct?
Doctor : It is not about stress
User : oh
Doctor : usually the problem of incresed Serum metanephrine
User : oh ok
Doctor : is seen in disease of Pheochromocytoma
User : wonder why they would run tests for that is it very common
Doctor : In this disease
Doctor : it is seen in 10% of population
Doctor : and would not say as common
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Lipid profile serum triglycerides increase
- How does temperature affect esr
- Thyronorm increase serum ferritin
- Ankylosing spondylitis and heart disease
- Increase of serum triglycerides in lipid profile means
- Swollen vein on ankle
- Polycythemia aloe vera
- Post ankle surgery recovery
- Does clonazapham increase lipase serum
- Shooting pain in ankle area
- Masturbating after blood donation
- Increased serum prolactin level in man
- Addisonian pernicious anemia
- Hemochromatosis and agression
- Ankle joint pain no swelling