Increase in SGPT levels - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
User : Hello sir
how can i help you?
User : I need your opinion on one problem,please
please proceed with your health query
User : I did my blood and urine test two days ago and got the report. My SGPT is high upto93 units, where as hepatitis B and C are clear. then what does it mean?
SGPT is a liver enzyme that if high shows damage to liver
Doctor : it may not necesarily be due to Hepatitis B and C
User : I will add onething, I had been taking Augmentin for one week few days before taking the test. I have heard that Augmentin also increases the SGPT for a while. Is it true?
Augmentin can increase SGPT but not to such an extent
there might have bee ongoing demage or already damage has taken place before starting Augmentin
User : so what u suggest, any test to confirm ?
what are the other Liver markers results?
is SGOT and ALP normal?
User : rest is OK. SGOT is normal witnin range
are bilirubin levels normal?
what were you prescribed Augmentin for?
kindly do a repeat LFT test after a week.avoid non-veg food during this time and drink plenty of fluids
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Ct scan of head just before ovulation
- Can jalapenos cause hemorrhoids
- Can lower hgb cause leg pain
- Cortisone injection before ct scan
- Calmpose tablet before brain mri
- Do hickies cause thyroid
- Complication of increased sgpt levels
- Testosterone increase sgpt levels
- Eltroxin increases sgpt level
- Thyroxine increases sgpt level
- Causes for heteroechoic sol in liver
- Increased sgpt levels to 240
- Ct scan headweed smoking night before
- Smoking before ct scan
- Does hpv causes high lymphocyte