Incision hernia and hip replacement surgery - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
hiow can i help you?
User : I am a 41 yr old girl. I had a hernia repaired (8/14) under my belly button. Staples removed 7 days later. Drain removed on the 13th day. On 9/3(2 weeks & 6 days later) my incision burst open with a brown liquid. I went to e.r. The doctor packed my wounds & gave me avolox(I think???)an antibiotic. I saw my surgeon the next day Friday(yesterday) He said looks fine & just keep taking antibiotics for 10 days(I have hip replacement). After high school football game i recieved message from pharmacy that my ins. did not cover that antibiotics. It costs... $175(WOW) Now my doctor is out of town so... I have on hand cipro 500; bactrim ds 800-160 and doxycycline 100. If I was you.. which one would you take until my doctor returns on Tuesday? I MUST protect myself with antibiotics. I WILL check any information you give with my pharmacist & i will look for myself on line. Thank You for listening.
Doctor : let me read.
any other queries..
User : no
Doctor : Did you go for antibiotic sensitivity test?
Doctor : From the brown liquid from the abdomen?
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Arm back leg numbness after egg retrieval
- Prep for hip replacement surgery
- Lump in arm after donating blood
- Hard lump on arm after dog bite
- Hip replacement surgery with mastocytosis
- Lump im arm after giving blood
- Criteria for hip replacement surgery
- Internal bleeding at shoulder
- Length of hip replacement surgery
- Bump on arm after blood draw
- Is it normal for your heart to miss a beat
- Is having swollen gums symptoms of the flu virus
- Im dizzy nausea coordination is off very fatigued blurry vision what is it
- Traditional hip replacement surgery
- Is high clastrol cause any sesiour