Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
Doctor : how can we help you?
User : My son has been started on 40 mg prednisone for a low platlet count (he has itp) it has come up from 13,000 to 28,000 what is the rate to taper off the prednisone
User : sorry 40 mg twice a day
Doctor : k.. he is having ideopathic thromocytopenic purpura, right?
User : yes he is 22 he weighs 150 lbs
Doctor : k.. since when he is been on treatment?
User : began the steroid on Thursday today is sunday
Doctor : since his count is still very less we dont think u shoukd start taperin now..
User : but when tapering happens, how do you determine the dosages
Doctor : it usually tapered over period of 4 to 6 weeks redusin the dose gradually
Doctor : subscribe to our service for further help
Doctor : usually after 2 weeks treatment every alternate day the dose is reduced
Doctor : to overcome the dependency..
Doctor : are u there?
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Blood clots lung symptoms causes
- Advantages of tonsillitis
- Von willebrand's and birth control
- Is high blood calcium dangerous
- Vitamin b12 and platelet count
- About mtpill tablet and its advantages and disadvantages
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura itp aids
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura and itchy scalp
- Adverse effect cremaffin
- Iron reducing bacteria well treatment
- Will sandimmune treat idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura?
- Tablet evion advantages
- Advantages of endura mass powder for women
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura and mouth ulcers
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura flair hyperintensity