Hysterectomy, with abdominal distens - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
how can i help you?
please proceed with your health query
User : Hi, heres the problem. my belly is sgetting so big in the past few weeks without gaining one pound. Im 50 and had a hysterectomy 8 years ago. what could it be?
User : Im going to the bathroom and i do eat fiber
Doctor : ok
User : I look like Im pregnant
is the abdomen in general feeling distended? or is there localised distension on lower or upper abdomen?
User : its the lower
during your hysterctomy, were the tubes and ovaries removed?
User : I have one ovary left and had an ultra soung a month ago and they couldny find it because all they could see is stool.
Doctor : in that case i will suggest you to get a ultrasound abdomen and pelvis done, also along with this do a urine pregnancy test too.
User : I cant be pegnant I have no uterus
Doctor : you will need to prepare the bowel for the stools such that they do not create problems in visualization.
Doctor : the pregnancy can take place in the tubes or ovaries and in rare cases in the abdominal cavity itself
so get a trans vaginal ultrasound done in case the urine pregnancy test comes positive
Doctor : Dear User, your free trial is over. Once you pay you can chat with our doctor for any length of time. Thanks for your co-operation.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Breast enlargement tablets
- Abdominal pain after hysterectomy
- Fatty breast on a mammogram
- Abdominal hysterectomy operation
- Abdominal hysterectomy scar
- Natural breast enlargement for men
- Breast enhancement for men only
- Insect bite hypersensitivity causes
- Sudden facial numbness causes
- Interventions for total abdominal hysterectomy
- Slight agoraphobia causes
- Terminal lung cancer causes
- Abdominal adhesions after hysterectomy
- Perfect breast size for height and weight
- Recurrent skin allergy causes