Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Hurt ankle with swelling and pain. Wants to know if it is fractured - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 667 Questions

User :   what do i do if i think my ankle is broken but i cant afford the doctor?
Doctor :  
please proceed with your health query
User :   what?
Doctor :  
User :   what does query mean?
Doctor :  
is there swelling at the place of the hurt?
User :   yess
Doctor :  
is there local rise in temperature at the hurt area as compared to the surrounding skin?
User :   yes
Doctor :  
since i am not examining you personnaly i would not be able to give exact diagnosis.
Doctor :  
you require to be examined along with a possible x-ray done for th ehurt area
User :   yes but i cant afford to go to the doctor...what should i do?
Doctor :  
to look for evidence of any fracture
Doctor :  
in the bone
Doctor :  
you could o to the 'free clinics' that take care of medical needs of people who do not have insurance
User :   okat thank you
Doctor :  
please provide your age, gender, location, occupation
User :   how old are you?
User :   im 15 female florida i dont work
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
WWW.WWWW.WW User :   my parents business is sow...stuid ecomy
Doctor :  
visit this link to locate a 'free clinic' in your area
Doctor :  
and take Tab Tylenol 2 times a day for pain relief.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor