Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

How to remove chicken pox marks? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1506 Questions
User:I have a question regarding my skin
User:i had chicken pox 2 years back
User:there is one mark left on my skin
User:i would like to remove it
User:what can i do?
Doctor:Where is it?
User:on my left arm
User:i visited my family doctor
User:she removed it but cutting it
User:but after healing it is become bigger than it was
User:the size is increased
Doctor:There is one way to diminish it
Doctor:But I am afraid it is hard to remove it
User:is there any cream which can be used to remove it?
User:what is the procedure ?
Doctor:You can try skin peeling
Doctor:specifically on the spot
Doctor:But you will need to do it under supervision of a dermatologist
User:can u suggest a dermatologist in my area?
Doctor:There are many types of medicines that can be used for the purpose
Doctor:Where are you located?
User:my area pin code is 421202
Doctor:I am not aware of mumbai area
Doctor:You can search for doctors at the following link
User:it is in India
User:no problem
Doctor:I meant the doctors in your area
User:can u help me with the same of cream?
Doctor:There are many creams
User:skin peeling cream
Doctor:salicylic acid can cause mild peeling
Doctor:sulphur ointment can cause moderate peeling
Doctor:sulphur ointment will be prescribed by a dermatologist
Doctor:Mostly these scars also disappear with time
Doctor:Do not try these creams if the area is raw due to the procedure done
Doctor:So you need to consult a dermatologist
User:so i need to apply once in a day?
Doctor:twice a day
User:how to use it?
User:apply and wash the cream or leave it as it is?
Doctor:It just need to be applied and kept for the day
Doctor:There may be other options too
Doctor:So its better to see a dermatologist to check which one is best for you
User:sure, i will consult a doctor.
User:thanks for the information
Doctor:Thanks for consulting
Doctor:Take care
User:can i end the chat?
User:thank u
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor