Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

How to get rid of pus filled pimple? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 26-Mar-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
Please proceed with your query
Doctor:Are you there?
User:i am having pimple on my nose
User:and it's get paid
User:as filled with puss
User:please suggest
Doctor:How big is it?
User:normal size
Doctor:Can you match the size to any other particle? Normal size is too generic term.
Doctor:Is it like a pin head or larger than that?
Doctor:I would also like to know since how long it has been there?
User:yes pin head
User:is there
User:little more than that
User:like head of sizzer
Doctor:Since when is it present?
User:since last 10 days or more than...
User:and it's get fill with puss again and again
Doctor:May I know your age?
Doctor:Do you have history of diabetes?
Doctor:Have you seen a doctor?
User:as this problem i m getting since
User:2 year
User:i have contacted to doctor
User:he have given me one cream name
User:but no solution
Doctor:Since how long have you been using it?
User:2 months
Doctor:Do you see similar lesions else where on the body?
User:only on face
Doctor:Let me brief you.
Doctor:You seem to be suffering from recurring acne or blocked glands.
User:what is solution
Doctor:Clincitop is an antibiotic preparation that can control current infective lesions.
Doctor:it may not be sufficient to take prevent new eruptions.
Doctor:you will need strict measures depending on your skin type and other parameters.
Doctor:You may need to use good moisturizer or oil control preparation
Doctor:along with it, I suggest my patients to take a course of oral antibiotics to prevent such lesions.
User:but i do not use any moisturizer
User:i only use dettol soap
User:for this issue
Doctor:you will need a moisturizer or oil control formula depending on your skin type.
Doctor:You can try sebamed soap instead of dettol soap
Doctor:since dettol is slightly harsh.
Doctor:Along with it, use clincitop gels over active lesions.
User:is it
User:i was thinking that it will be beneficail
User:is sebamed easily available in market
Doctor:You will also be benefitted with course of antibiotic like doxycilline for few months.
Doctor:Yes sebamed is available in the market.
User:as i have never hear about this soap
Doctor:it would be available in a chemist/pharmacy stores.
User:for how long i have to use it
Doctor:Along with this, I would also encourage you to consult a dermatologist
Doctor:and discuss about using oral antibiotics
Doctor:With soap + moisturizer/oil control formula + oral antibiotic therapy
Doctor:your condition should come under control.
Doctor:Have you followed what I suggested?
User:any specific moisturizer
Doctor:As I said it depends on your skin type. Only a dermatologist would be able to suggest that.
User:ok ok
Doctor:Therefore seek a dermatologist and find the right options of treatment.
Doctor:Do you have any other questions?
Doctor:Thanks for visiting me here. Bye for now.
User:thank you for suggestion
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor