How long are Hep B vaccinations valid? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
Questions: 1. I took the vaccinations a few years ago. DO I need to repeat? How long are these valid?
How many doses of vaccines did you take the last time around?
3 doses of Hepatitis B vaccines is expected to give complete cover (immunity) against hepatitis for 10 to 20 years,
thereafter the levels of immunity gradually reduces.
Ok. Does it depend on number of doses?
If you have taken 3 doses within the last 10 years, then you may not need to take it again.
Yes, it depends.
In such cases, we suggest getting hepatitis antibody levels / titers checked.
Ok. Let me go back and confirm with my parents. I remember very well I took it when I was in my 12th std. But I will confirm that I indeed took all three.
Ok. So such a check can tell me if I have sufficient immunity or not?
If you are not sure of the time period or the number of doses received.
Repeating the vaccines is suggested if the titers are low.
Thats all I wanted to know.
Do you have any other query?
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Thank you very much
You are welcome.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Accelerated hep b vaccination
- Does cervical cancer cause you to pee alot
- Hep b vaccine farting
- Hep b vaccine
- Does hemo rage cause increse in blood pressure
- Hep b vaccine form
- Does mdma effect crohns
- Does a thyroid change both sides of tongue color purple blotches
- Hep b vaccine and betahistine
- Effects of topomax on gamma gt levels in the liver
- Echotexture of liver increased grade
- Does intake of vit e evion capsule increase weight
- Eat popcorn while jaundice
- Will the hida scan ejection fraction test show fundal folding
- Eighth month pregnancy high sgot