Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

How is TB diagnosed? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 05-Nov-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1504 Questions
Please proceed with your query
User:hi Doctor
User:I may be having a medical test for an immigration purpose within few months..
User:my concern here is I had primary complex when I was 3 yrs old..
User:primary complex is a form of tuberculosis, ami i rite?
User:Now i am totally healthy, no health issues..
User:my question here is can a specialist realize that I had primary complex if he get my chest x-ray or other tests
User:and will it be a cause for rejection..
Doctor:I am not sure about it but mostly no can we check if a patient is affected with TB or primary complex?
User:what kind of test?
Doctor:Since you had complete treatment and you are healthy so i guess mostly no
Doctor:Usually they go for montoux test
Doctor:it is a skin test
User:ok, can it be seen thrgh chest x-ray?
Doctor:It can see through x ray because primary complex may leave scar
User:oh , ok...
Doctor:but mostly No country can deny visa on this basis.
User:ok...thanks doctor...
Doctor:since you do not have active infection ok
Doctor:Do you have any more queries?
User:no doctor, thanks a lot
Doctor:Thanks for visiting me here. Bye for now.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor