Hives all over the body - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
User : hello i have a question about a 20 month old
How can i help you
User : my son has hives over 90% of his body and he has had them for 48 hours. Benadryl every 6 hours. He had a cold two weeks ago that still is having problems(runny nose cough).
User : Can a virus cause hives and if so how long should they last before we go see a doctor?
Doctor : I will help you in this
Can i ask few questions ?
User : yes but i only have 4 mins left before my time runs out
Doctor : are the rashes itching and pain ful
User : yes they itch him
Doctor : Ok
are they red and swollen
User : yes
does the kid have any weeping lesions ?
User : no
Doctor : Ok
Virus will not cause hives
its the allergic reactions
Doctor : to allergens, insect bite, bee sting
Doctor : food and dust allergy
which causes hives
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Itchy spots that pop up and then disappear?
- How to raise mpv levels?
- Temple headaches at 39 weeks pregnant
- Hives all over body
- Body covered in hives
- Why am i passing solid food
- Stabing pain in ribs lymph node armpit
- Vomiting after nan pro and lactogen
- Red hives all over body
- Is deworming needed for 1 year old baby?
- White stringy things stool toddler
- Recurring hives on body
- Continuous rheum in toddler's eyes
- Hives all over body causes
- Ionex t medicated shampoo