Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

History of massive heart attack. No angiography or plasty. Right decision? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 11-Jun-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Heart Attack
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
User:hello doc
Doctor:How can I help you today?
User:i m xxxxxxx . my concern is my uncle had an massavie attack last month.
Doctor:Sorry to hear that.
User:we dint go for angeography or plasrty
User:he is 70
User:45%heartis functioning
User:Bp is normal
User:he is been treated with one costly med which costed aroung 0000... i XXXXXXX know its name...
User:but now he is back home.
User:taking rest. above all he is a handicaped. so he crawls... after attack he is feeling very weak and not moving at all
User:but watches tv, talks.. but not as enthu as he used to be
User:he gets pain even now...
User:so i XXXXXXX know the decition of not goiong for angeo is right or wrong...
User:sorry decision
User:but i 've seen people living normally after 1st attack
User:so whats ur opinion
Doctor:There are specific indications for every procedure.
User:u there??
Doctor:Thus one thing to consider is whether he needs bypass surgery or not.
Doctor:This can be decided better with angiography.
User:i mean at 70??!!!
Doctor:Second thing to consider is your uncle's willingness
User:he is probably willing to...
Doctor:Yes I can see that your uncle is very weak at this moment.
User:yeah he is
Doctor:We should give him some time to recover from his previous attack.
User:but how long will it take??
Doctor:Cardiac bypass is a major surgery.
Doctor:An attack within previous six months of surgery is not considered a good factor.
Doctor:It means that the surgery will have more risk of complications and death.
User:he isnt getting attack as such... jus a mild pain occotionaly
User:oh ok
User:previous six months means?? i didnt get u
Doctor:I think his pain can be controlled with medicines.
User:yeah that tho he is eating...
Doctor:It will give him some time to recover from the attack.
User:how long??
Doctor:When he feels more comfortable then you can discuss his options with the doctor again.
User:is this pain normal after atttack??
Doctor:His physician will be better able to tell, as he has the opportunity to examine him.
Doctor:Any chest pain is not normal.
Doctor:You have to watch out for signs of another attack.
User:i want him to go back to his native. so can i do that??
User:oh ok
Doctor:No...He has to stay near the hospital.
Doctor:So that he has easy and fast access to medical help.
Doctor:You can arrange for a nurse who can take care of him at home.
User:but generally after first attack people do live long right??
User:that i 've already
Doctor:I hope your uncle lives long.
Doctor:All cases are different.
Doctor:Did I address your concern?
User:how long it ll take him to settle down
Doctor:Usually it takes around 2-6 months.
Doctor:Mostly they are able to return to a near normal life.
Doctor:What else are you worried about?
User:ok thank god
User:ok now next for myself
Doctor:Taking care of such people can be a burden on caretaker too.
Doctor:yes go ahead.
User:i get pain or a kind of sensitivety when i pass urine
User:i took med for urinary infection
User:but it has jus reduced the intensity
User:i m 35
User:no bp sugar
User:what could it be??
Doctor:I need more details to be able to guide you.
User:what else u need??
Doctor:Did you get a urine test done?
User:not yet. i XXXXXXX wan to spend if its jus a simple infection
Doctor:How long do you have the symptoms?
User:i jus wan to know what can cause such pain
User:for past two weeks
Doctor:The most common cause is non-specific urethritis.
Doctor:But we need to rule out infectious urethritis by doing a urine analysis.
Doctor:It means that it is usually non-infectious in nature
User:is anything to worry?? or treatable by medicine
Doctor:Tests are mainstay as they guide us about further treatment.
Doctor:If STD is the cause then both partners need to be treated.
User:so that has to be done??
Doctor:Till then do not use chemical irritants like soap, spermicides, etc
User:y do we ladies get this often??
Doctor:It is better to get it done.
User:inspite if a week medicing its jus mnimised. not gone completly
Doctor:Ladies are more susceptible as the urethra is close to vagina and urethra is shorter than in men.
Doctor:It is possible that the bacteria are resistant to the antibiotic you are using.
User:so should i take one more week med??
Doctor:I think that you should get tested for the type of bacteria and then take medicine.
User:oh ok. but teatable by med right?? nothing to worry na??
Doctor:There are tests available that test for sensitivity of a medicine for a particular bacteria.
Doctor:Nothing to worry.
Doctor:It is also possible that the cause maybe non-bacterial.
Doctor:Like a fungal infection.
Doctor:In that case the medicine will be different from the ones you are taking.
User:oh ok...
User:thats y it is not getting cured
Doctor:It will show up in the urine test.
User:ok. got it. i ll do that then.
Doctor:ok good.
User:thanks Dr.xxxxxxxxx nice talking to u.
Doctor:Did I answer your query?
User:yep. bbye
Doctor:Do you any other query?
Doctor:ok bye for now.
User:not at all
Doctor:You can login again to chat with a doctor 24/7.
Doctor:Take care.
User:yeah i knw. but u guys precribe med if i tell u the report details
Doctor:For a prescription of medicine you have to go to a physician.
Doctor:I think you will need a written prescription.
User:ok so u wont help me in that
Doctor:Sorry about that.
User:not required.
User:atleast u can cross check whether the med given by doc is right ??
Doctor:Yes I can do that.
User:ok cool. hanks. bbye
User:thanks. take care
Doctor:You can send a query or chat with a doctor to know that.
Doctor:Take care.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor