History of having herpes zoster on back. Almost healed with prescribed valcivir for 7 days. Continue medication? - Online Doctor Chats
I am Dr. XXXXXXX here
How can I help you?
I went to see a dermatologist and she prescribed some antiviral medicines(valcivir) 3 times a day for 7 days and a lotion (calasoft) to apply
I have had the medicines for 7 days and the rash has almost healed.
She asked me to visit ger again after 7 days but due to some very urgent personal work I am leaving the city for 10 days and I will not be able to see her
just wanted to know whether the course of the treatment is complete?
or should I go and see another dermatologist around me in the city I am visiting
Yes. Treatment with antiviral can be stopped after 7 days. The pain may persist for few more days. You may require medications to reduce the neurological pain in the affected area.
But, if there is sever pain interfering with your daily activities, then you may need to consult a dermatologist or an XXXXXXX medicine specialist to control the pain.
There was pain initially when I started the treatment. But now there is practically no pain. She also gave me some pain killer that I required just on one occasion. And I am also taking Meconeru Forte twice a day on her advice.
Fine. In that case you would not require any further medication.
Ok....Thank you doctor...!!
Have a nice day..!!
You are welcome
Is there anything else I could help you on?
Thanks for consulting me.
Have a Nice Day!!
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Causes of raised trop i
- Pimples leaking clear fluid by mouth
- Drugs/medication for herpes zoster ophthalmicus
- What causes odor in urine
- Causes of vascular tortuosity retinal
- Skin pimples clear fluid
- Scalp sore leaking clear sticky fluid
- Period every two weeks causes
- Drugs/medication for Herpes zoster
- Painful pimple under penis shaft clear fluid
- Herpes zoster penis healed
- Herpes zoster wont heal
- Neurological pain in back hips legs and arms from herpes zoster
- Moles with clear fluid in them
- What can cause vaginal pain