Hepatitis C, liver cirrhosis, rheumatiod arthritis - Online Doctor Chats
User : my father, 56, has cirrhosis of the liver, hepatitis c, and rheumatiod arthritis. i was told that the next stage is liver cancer. what do i look out for to know if it's gone that far?
Doctor : you need to get few tests done for
Doctor : that
User : his stomach is extended and his ankles are swollen
User : does that have anything to do with it?
Doctor : like biopsy of liver and blood tests
User : he had a biopsy of his liver last november and there was no tumor.
Doctor : it can be due to liver damage
User : but my father is stubborn and hates the doctor
User : sometimes i think he doesnt want to admit he's sick
User : what can i do from home to help him without him knowing that i know he's getting worse?
Doctor : he needs admission into hospital
User : look i understand that
User : my father is just incredibly stubborn and wont go
Doctor : it needs to be cured with vaccination and injections
Doctor : it can't be cured at home
User : is there anything i can do fromhome to keep him comfortable
User : ?
Doctor : you can take help of your neighbours
Doctor : and relatives
User : what are my neighbors going to do?
Doctor : you can't do anything rather than watching
Doctor : they will cinvince hin
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Suggest treatment for hep c
- What does echogenic debris in a liver cyst mean
- Diagnosed with fatty liver what food should i avoid
- What does lft test indicating sgot-590 sgpt-1085 and ggt-300 mean
- Liver cirrhosis and hepatitis c
- Fluid filled super clavical
- Huge erection in class
- Chronic hepatitis c liver cirrhosis can sulfazine treat liver cirrhosis
- Malaria leads to liver cirrhosis
- Colostrum and liver cirrhosis
- Painful hart swollen lymph node clavical
- Small lump in neck above clavical
- Does simvastatin and exoxaparin sodium cause abnormal liver function test
- Fast growing growth in clavicle
- Cure for hepatitis c infection liver cirrhosis fibrosis and steatosis