Heavy bleeding, abdominal discomfort after sex post IUD fitting - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
User : Hi i am on the mirena coil, i had it fitted about five months ago. my periods had been slightly irregular, last for four days maximum and were very light. i have been experiencing some lower abdominal pain and my my period is really heavy, it is currently the fifth day of my cycle. i also noticed that after sex i would experience some abdominal discomfort. could the coil have dislodged itself?
Doctor : ok
Doctor : first to see if its disloged look for the tail of mirena it must be seen or felt outside.
User : no i can not see or feel it
Doctor : then if you are really uncomfortable you must consult a gyneacologist for examination as it could also be due to an infection
User : the heavy bleeding could be due to infection also?
Doctor : yes, could be. do you have fever also?
User : i have been waking in cold sweats but do not actually feel hot
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Drugs/medication for inactive vasculitis
- Post coital bleeding after iud
- Heavy bleeding after iud insertion
- Mirena iud bleeding after heavy lifting
- Stopped consuming birth control pills brown discharge advise
- Done copper t insertion period not flowing regularly reason
- Taken oral contraceptive have noticeably less bleeding are they related
- Drugs/medication for subsegmental atelectasis
- Abdominal discomfort with an iud
- Drugs/medication for parathyroid disorder
- Drugs/medication for melanoma skin cancers
- Copper iud heavy bleeding
- No spotting minor cramps white discharge levonelle 1500 taken pregnant
- Period is late stopped ortho micronor reason
- Drugs/medication for male sexual dysfunction