Heart problem, arteries blocked. What should i go for bypass or ECP? - Online Doctor Chats
my mothe-in-law have hearth problem, during angyoplasti doc found that all there arthries have blockage of 75-80%
and suggest for Bipass.
i have asked some of my friends and they told me bipass is a having very low sucess % retio.
so iam searching for some more options avalible..
i have heared about EPC .. can you please advise...
External Counter pulsation (ECP)
ECP is not a option, in such cases
but the prognosis, is good, when the patient is healthy and does not have major issues like diabetes, renal problems, obesity etc
can you please suggest why ECP is not a good option ?
this is a procedure, which is done in bed ridden patients , and who need prolonged hospitalisation
and it is done in a Cardiac ICU
it cannot be used as a alternative to Bypass surgery
after a bypass surgery, recovery takes a few months, and the patients can be discharged home in about 15 days time
but, pts cannot be mobile, and it is not a continuous therapy, it is done only until the heart heals and regains its function
have u followed my suggestions
In addition, ECP is usually adviced , when patients cannot undergo balloon angioplasty or bypass surgery
but in your mothers case, in case she is considered fit for a bypass procedure, she should undergo that
as that will improve her quality of life, and also prevent symptoms totally
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Red swollen gums with lump
- Low platelets sore gums low lymph
- Gum patchy white loose skin
- What treatment for left atrial abnormality
- Little red veins on gums
- Is there a treatment for artery blocking a heart
- Cough and heart problems and blocked artery
- Left atrial abnormality tachycardia
- Sinus rhyrhm left atrial abnormality
- Sinus rhythm left atrial abnormality
- Main artery to heart blocked
- What is a probable left atrial abnormality
- Blocked artery behind the heart
- Enlarged heart and blocked artery
- Ulcer on lower gum and pregnant