Heart problem, arteries blocked. What should i go for bypass or ECP? - Online Doctor Chats
my mothe-in-law have hearth problem, during angyoplasti doc found that all there arthries have blockage of 75-80%
and suggest for Bipass.
i have asked some of my friends and they told me bipass is a having very low sucess % retio.
so iam searching for some more options avalible..
i have heared about EPC .. can you please advise...
External Counter pulsation (ECP)
ECP is not a option, in such cases
but the prognosis, is good, when the patient is healthy and does not have major issues like diabetes, renal problems, obesity etc
can you please suggest why ECP is not a good option ?
this is a procedure, which is done in bed ridden patients , and who need prolonged hospitalisation
and it is done in a Cardiac ICU
it cannot be used as a alternative to Bypass surgery
after a bypass surgery, recovery takes a few months, and the patients can be discharged home in about 15 days time
but, pts cannot be mobile, and it is not a continuous therapy, it is done only until the heart heals and regains its function
have u followed my suggestions
In addition, ECP is usually adviced , when patients cannot undergo balloon angioplasty or bypass surgery
but in your mothers case, in case she is considered fit for a bypass procedure, she should undergo that
as that will improve her quality of life, and also prevent symptoms totally
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Blood pressure of 150 80 while pregnant
- Sotalol side effect
- Leakage in heart valve in baby
- Blood pressure 150 80 after birth
- Marijuana and atrial fibrillation
- Blood pressure 150 over 83
- Is there a treatment for artery blocking a heart
- Cough and heart problems and blocked artery
- Main artery to heart blocked
- Blocked artery behind the heart
- Enlarged heart and blocked artery
- I feel short of breath my chest burns and my heart pounds
- Recommended sleep for 15 year old
- Flow chart for heart murmur
- Blood pressure 150 68