Hearing long toon sounds. Have wheezing and cough. Nostrils blocked. Treatment? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
I have been hearing ling tooon tooon sounds lately
suddenly i hear them and in 5-10 seconds, they vanish
Are your nostrils blocked?
i have been using inhaler on and off for about 2-3 weeks now
as and when required
I will try to explain a possibility for this noise you are hearing.
that would be good
There is a small tube which connects our ear to our throat.
Ear in the sense, the cavity of ear inside the ear drum.
So whenever we have a cough, cold, nasal block or throat infections, this tube may get blocked.
It will cause fluid to collect in the ear cavity.
That can give rise abnormal noise which you hear.
That is one possibility.
Other than that, it can also be caused by abnormalities inside the ear.
To find the exact cause, an ENT specialist will have to examine your ears.
I think i had cromats put in when I was 4-5 years old as my hearing was getting impaired becos of regular cough and cold
You can try the following measures to relieve you of your symptoms.
1. Avoid drinking cold water/ Soft drinks.
2. Gargle with warm water. You can mix half teaspoon of salt to it.
3. Steam inhalation.
If these measures are not solving the sound in your ear, then you will need to consult ENT specialist.
Did yo follow my suggestions?
yes , all of them
Hope I have answered your concern.
yes....thank you Doctor
Do you have any other queries?
no..not at this time... thank you
Thanks for consulting me.
Also thanks for using this platform.
Please get back to us if you have any health related queries.
thanks and have a nice day ahead
Have a nice day.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Treatment for cough wheezing sinus congestion and plugged ear
- Darkish lump on dogs ear canal fold
- Suggest treatment for persistent dry cough with wheezing
- Cyst in my dogs ear canal
- Suggest treatment for wheezing cough
- Draining ear canal cyst
- Crusty ear canal that is painful
- White crystals in ear canal
- Is prednisolone syrup effective in treatment of cough and wheezing
- What causes recurring psychotic behaviour with excessive sleeping
- How big is a 9x6mm fibroid in my uterus
- Remedy for vomiting and fever while suffering from diabetes
- Suggest treatment for enteric fever
- What causes head rolling and eye rolling
- Suggest treatment for asthma and coughing with wheezing