Headache and sleep disorders - Online Doctor Chats
User : Hi,i have a son whos 2 years old..off and on he sucks on a pacifire....and he doesnt take naps...but sometimes at night he grabs his head and screams,we're thinking head ache??...or sucking too much on the pacifire??..no naps???
Doctor : hi
User : what could be the problem?
what other symptoms does he have?
since how long is he been using the pacifier?
User : as a baby no but toddler now off and on all day
User : and just a little while ago he yells grabbing his head.
User : hes asleep now.
does he eat well? how is his diet?
what is his current weight ? what was his birth weight?
User : yes he eats good. 23 pounds
User : 5 pounds @ birth
that is fine then
User : so his head grabbing is jst no naps?
User : jst tired?
has this problem happened anytime earlier also? or is this the first time this is happening?
User : first time '
Doctor : how many hours does he sleep?
User : no naps and sleeps through night
i suggest you to discuss this with his pediatrician,
he will need to slowly be weaned out of the pacifier
as sucking on the pacifier
User : ok
he might be doing it vigorously which might be ading to something
like 'hyperventilation' syndrome in which there is excess of carbondioxide washout
leading to such problems
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Sleep disorders and headaches
- Fever and facial twitching
- Does fennel show up on drug tests
- Itchy after eating salty food
- Neurobion tablet and sleep disorders
- Newborn baby keeps heaving
- Does lipo 6 cause vomiting
- Sleep disorders whom to consult
- Fever and swollen eyelids
- Rexipra 20 sleepy
- Trouble catching breath during sleep
- Cough cold rash combiflam
- Sleep disorder sleep paralysis
- Fat globules positive in stool test
- Sleep disorders shaking at night