Head injury with raised intracranial pressure - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
User : Hello, is this the same doctor i was talking to a few moments ago?
how can i help you?
User : i will post my query now
User : Hello Doctor,
I am a 14 year old boy who likes to play basketball. About 6 weeks ago last friday i hit my head of a basketball. Since then i have been getting on/off headaches for 6 weeks. Sometimes painful, sometimes not. Sometimes the headaches there but i cant feel it. I have also had nausea aswell which came in about 2 - 3 weeks ago. And starting yesterday or the day before i started getting a achey pain around where my heart is and the top of my left arm. I have tried taking paracetamol and iprofen but that didnt work.
i see that you have spoken to a doctor on this site before
regarding the same problem
User : Yeah
and the doctor has advised you physical examination
Doctor : kindly do the examination and the investigations and get back to us
User : Im going to see a doctor tomorrow, will he be able to give me a physical examination?
User : and what do i have to do in a examination?
you dont have to do anything
the examining doctor
will examine you
User : ok
and prescribe investigations needed to be done
and the appropriate treatment will be started
User : what does this most sound like which i might have to you?
you have a history of injury to head and nausea
User : and what do you mean like 'the appropriate treatment will be started' like prescribing me medicine?
User : only for 6 weeks though
so this is most probably a case of head injury with raised intracranial pressure
User : So how will i lower that intracranial pressre?
after examining you
it will be clear what is happening to you
so based on that the treatment will be given
you cannot lower the intracranial pressure by yourself
Doctor : i see that you have not understood anything that you spoke to the other doctor, you need to have a exmination, EEG and MRI brain to be done
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- On depo shot had unprotected sex chances of pregnancy
- Car crash light headed
- In a car crash getting headaches
- Raised intracranial pressure and hypertension
- Uncontrollable shaking cant get warm severe headaches
- Benign raised intracranial pressure
- Headaches and cant taste
- Infection in blood refused visa endorsement what can it be
- Stools immediately after food why stop milk
- Pulsing headache cant sleep
- Bloating after meals unable to conceive reasons
- How to fake an head injury
- Raised intracranial pressure and nose bleeds
- Stomach cramps with only blood stools intense sweating reasons
- Flying raise intracranial pressure