HbsAg is positive and diagnosed as chronic hepatitis. What do you recommend? - Online Doctor Chats
Do you have any more questions?
this time my query is about myself
I am HbsAg positive...went to a hepatologist and she said that it is chronic hepatitis
did some tests to check the virus count int he blood
the virus count is below detectable levels as of now
so the doctor said that there is no medication required as of now and we need to watch it every couple of years
what do you suggest
Yes, that's the right advice.
ok...how does this kind of situation proceed over the age
i am 34 now
At this point of time it would be difficult to predict whether or not you will need antiviral therapy.
There was an antibody test also done
I understand you have developed chronic hepatitis; but the only suggestion to you would be to regularly follow up with your doctor.
He will be the right person to decide when to start the antiviral therapy.
ok,,, i understand
But what has baffeled me is that how did i get it inspite of the fact that I was caccinated
In a few due to an immunocompromised state such as during a serious infection
protection level might be slightly lowered.
i was vaccinated may be when 1 was 10-12 years old, because the vaccine was new that time...i was given the required doses, though I dont remeber how many now
If you were vaccinated at 10 years; the possibilities are
1. You may have become infected before vaccination
2. After the vaccination if you did not receive the three set of vaccines.
3. After 20 years if you had an immunocompromised state and an exposure to infectino.
It is definitely not easy to predict which of the 3 period caused the infection.
Nevertheless follow up with your doctor and plan your treatment based on test results.
Do you have any other questions?
ok, i understand...i have no furher questions, thank you
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Medications that abort fetus 20 weeks
- Chronic hepatic steatosis
- Chronic hepatitis b carrier
- Chronic hepatitis b infection
- Sgpt high reasons
- Liver sgot levels
- Is razo 20 antibiotic
- Obstructive jaundice lfts
- Non-viral hepatitis symptoms
- 20 weeks pregnant blood sugar 260
- Treatment for hepatomegaly
- Overdose of antibiotic for 20 months
- What is chronic hepatitis c
- Chronic hepatitis c stages
- 20 days old baby loose motion