Having weird smell inside nose. How to get rid of it? - Online Doctor Chats
Good Afternoon Doctor
How can I help you?
I have some weird smell in my nose
it is not frequent
its like smelling ammonia or some raw flesh
it's there for few months now
but not that frequent
only few days ago i started smelling this once or twice in a day
can you suggest/
May I know your age?
Do you have sinus problems?
but can you explain symptoms of sinus?
Are you having any allergies?
no i have no allergies
but i do have gastric problem
i thought it could due to gastric gases that i might be smelling like this...
ok, then i have no sinus problem
Are you getting the smell from the nose itself or from any other body parts?
that too only deep inside
Let me brief you.
They can indicate infection within the nose, if you have other signs of infection such as pain, fever etc.
Once it is confirmed that there is no infection or cause in the nose,
we can assume that it is occurring from some other part of the body.
The most probable cause for an ammoniac smell is from sweat.
someother part of the body from inside which is reaching my nose?
No, the smell cannot come through inside.
what if i have some infection in my ear? do i get smell through to my nose?
i also have loss of balance problem
mild version of vertigo
i feel it almost every day 2-3 times...
That is possible. Do you have any pain or discharge from your ear?
and right ear is feels really sensitive
i don't have any discharge
Have you got it evaluated by an ENT Doctor?
but i feel very sensitive
i literally cant hear any mildly loud sounds with my right year
even the whistle of a pressure cooker rings in my right ear
after consulting one of my friend who is a doctor
she said, there could be some infection which is causing this... and might be the same reason behind loss of balance too
after i read more about vertigo, it made some sense
do you think it's possible that, if there is some infection in my ear, that could be leading to this smell?
I will explain.
great doctor, that really gives me lot of relief
There is a connection between the middle cavity of the ear and the throat.
because i read somewhere about some scary stuff around smell of ammonia
that really scared me...
If there is infection in the middle cavity, that can be a cause for an altered smell.
Please do not get scared.
Internet though gives a lot of information, it gives a lot of false information too.
So, there are certain things you can do.
Are you following me?
sure, please suggest
1. Consult an ENT surgeon to see, if there is any infection in the Ear, Nose or Throat.
2. Drink only warm or hot water.
3. Gargle your throat with warm water containing salt in it.
4. Avoid dusty environment.
thank you a lot
Once you consult an ENT doctor, he/she will be able to diagnose/rule out if any problem is there.
So, relax and have a good time.
i will definitely follow your suggestions
Thanks for consulting me.
Do you have any other queries?
no doc, i am fine, thank you...
Have a good day.
same to you...
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- How to get rid of bad smell in nose
- Will ery tab treat strep pharyngitis ?
- Is ativan used in the treatment of insomnia?
- Will equaline acid reducer treat hpv virus ?
- How to get rid of a mole inside the nose
- Sores inside nose that smell weird
- Can i take trioxin for otitis externa?
- Can i take otozone for ear conditions?
- Can maxidex cure acute otitis externa?
- Is decadron used in the treatment of iritis?
- How to get rid of persisting bleach smell inside nose
- Can rocephin cure infection, urinary tract ?
- How to get rid of metallic smell in nose
- Will zilactin b treat ulcer, aphthous ?
- Will calmoseptine treat dermatitis, diaper ?