Having vaginal itching.Took medication but no relief. Suggest the permanent cure? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
visited to gyna for 4-5 times
while taking the medication it is ok
'after that same problem is coming back
can u pls suggest some permanent solution
May I what medication was suggested to you?
yesterday she suggested
doxy for 14 days
for 3 days
previously she has given onabet
Do you have any other symptom along with itching such as vaginal discharge, pain during passing urine?
is there any permanent solution
What type of discharge do you have - can you specify the amount (how many pads you need to use), color, consistency (thick / thin), presence of foul smell?
i am using ovral-L
period is normal but there is a smell
You seem to be having an infection. The type of discharge can help us confirm that.
white discharge i am using ovral-L period is normal but there is a smell
Are you getting this discharge every day or once in a while with periods?
If you are using pads for this discharge, may I know how many pads you use in a day?
Is the discharge thick in consistency or watery?
Are you facing any problem while passing urine?
May I know your age and are you sexually active?
yes i am married from 3 yrs
Let me brief you.
If this infection is persisting for 2-3 months, it needs to be investigated.
what can be done?
The cause for persistent infection could either be inappropriate treatment or being sexually active.
what should i di sir?
what should i do?
What I usually recommend my patient is to undergo tests on vaginal secretions - microscopy, gram staining and culture can be done to isolate the organism.
Besides this testing, I also advice you to restrict sexual intercourse untill you feel better.
is the test are painful?
Your partner also needs to be checked for infection. He can get this infection back to you if he has infection too.
where it can be done?
is the test are painful?
I would answer all your queries.
But I would like to inform you the complete set of things that needs to be done...
So you will need four things.
1. Test on yourself. You can discuss with your gynecologist or may be visit another one get specific tests done. She can take a swab sample while examining and order specific test - microscopy, gram stain and culture.
Besides studying the secretions, the doctor can also order your blood sugar to see if they are normal.
2. Start appropriate and complete treatment. Based on the results of the test specific antibiotic therapy can be started. You may need to continue antibiotic for 7-10 days.
3. Restrict sexual intercourse - refrain from all sexual intercourse until the symptoms have settled. If you are active sexually practice protected intercourse using condoms only.
Drink plenty of fluids to improve hydration.
4. Lastly it is essential that your partner is also tested. He may be having the infection and transmitting to you once you are cured. Thus giving rise to recurring infection.
If he has infection, he needs to be treated with antibiotic as well.
Have you followed?
but he is not at all feeling any itching
Infection in early stages can have no symptoms. We do see couples without symptoms being infected. So let a doctor examine him and accordingly order/rule out infection.
is the test painful?
I would recommend that especially if you the symptoms are recurring after treatment.
The tests are not painful - it will involve blood test and samples can be taken through per vaginal examination or per speculum examination.
I don't find any serious reasons yet. Testing can confirm it.
thank you so much dr for your valuable time and feedback
Ovral L in some women is responsible for vaginal secretions and this increased secretion by itself may be causing irritation and itching.
Hope I have cleared all your concerns.
Do you have any other query?
but i am taking it for past 2.5 yrs
there were no problem
it has been started from 3 ,mnths
That's why I kept that as the last possibility. If all the test come normal and the current antibiotic treatment fail to resolve this problem
then you can discuss with your gynecologist and act accordingly.
thank you so much
Do you have any other query?
last one question
can you suggest me any good gynocologist
Which part of India are you from?
Where in Bangalore?
To all my patients I suggest them to visit multispecialty hospital or better medical college associated hospitals for better treatment.
If St. John's hospital is approachable, then you can visit this place.
yes it is near my office
If you stay far away, then I shall mail you list of gynecologist close by.
if possible mail me
If St. John's is nearby, you can visit the department of gynecologist there. I am sure you will be able to find the best gynecologist.
thank you for your time
I would mail you the other gynecologist details too.
ok i will visit there
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
nice to talk to you
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Vaginal twinges birth control
- Treatment and cure for vaginal itching
- Drugs/medication for vaginal itching
- Itchy vagina when stopping birth control
- Farting disorder during sleep
- Vaginal cyst giving birth
- Duas for eating disorder
- Vaginal fissures and birth control
- Suffering from vaginal itching took cypriflicacun and antihistamin medications
- Glucose drip eating disorders
- Can fucidin cure vaginal itching
- Swollen itchy labia giving birth scars
- Minor disorders during pregnancy in week wise
- Suggest remedy for relief from vaginal itching and dryness
- Mid spine feels dislocated