Having thyroid problem. Is this the cause for weight gain? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
does thryroid increases ur weight
Thyroid supplementation brings weight down.
i m a pure vegeterian and not eat much...i rarely eat junk food. I exercise regulary
but still my weight is around 82 kgs
May I know your height?
my triglyceride reading is 188
cholesterol HDL is 22
chol/hdl ratio is 6.9
ldl/hdl ratio is 4.2
Yes, your weight is over the normal recommendation.
Do you consume alcohol?
i dont smoke either
Your cholesterols are marginally elevated.
very low density lipoprotein is 37.6
do i stand a risk of overweight and heart disease?
It is not how much you eat, but what type of food that you eat which will make weight reduction possible.
Many a times, people skip meals, however the next meal contains plenty of high calorie food.
Those are going to increase weight as well as cholesterol.
Therefore your whole diet needs to be counselled and planned.
to discuss about this with our nutritionist.
If you have not tested your thyroid hormone.
this would be the right time to test those too?
Are you following?
May I know your gender?
my thryroid reading about 3 months back was 59.4
i guess....how does it sound
In males, both thyroid and sugar level need to be tested and kept under control for proper weight management.
What test was done 3 months back - TSH, T3 or T4.
TSH of 59 is extremely high.
Please confirm the report once again.
what shud i do to get this under control?
i will do it now
If this is indeed TSH values, then you need to be on thyroid supplements.
Without supplements, the levels cannot be controlled.
Please verify the levels again; the name of the test, values and the unit of measurement; cross verify with the reference range.
Have you followed?
sorry there is a typo error
Total Thyroxine(T4) by CLIA 9.3 mcg/dl Adults : 4.5 â 12.0 mcg/dl
i hope u r able to read it
The upper limit of TSH is 5.5; you have a value of 5.9.
As per the current guideline, TSH levels should be maintained under 3.
that can be contributing to the increased weight.
Recheck your TSH level.
Have you followed?
ok...i keep forgetting things...does TSH lead to tat as well
Hypothyroidism can cause wide variety of symptoms. Weight gain, memory affection, dry skin, hair changes are some of the commonly reported symptoms.
Any more queries?
i think tat shud be ok...thanks a ton
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Have gained weight worried for thyroid problem or diabetes
- Have gastro problems and cough diagnosed as reflux treatment
- Low thyroid cause weight gain
- Loose motions contractions on zanocin further
- Suffering from thyroid problem weight gain treatment
- Sperm analysis shows sperm count 110 million per ml normal
- Normal range tsh newborns
- Dog scratched ankle no bleeding updated tetanus shot required
- Milky white discharge from vagina pregnancy or yeast infection
- Does armour thyroid cause weight gain
- Thyroid problems can underactive thyroid cause pulpitations
- Why to give newborn thyronorm tablets
- Thyroid problem solves neutralite
- Thyroid nodule night sweats
- Thyroid problems and neutophilis