Having throat problem, occasional fever and headache. What could be the cause? - Online Doctor Chats
Good evening Doctor
Please proceed with your query.
I have throat pain from last five days
it is not very painful but irritating
fever has subsided but i feel cold and slight temperature is there in late evenings (sometimes)
I did gargle with warm salt water yesterday
Today, I had shown to a doctor who visits our company and he said slight swelling is there but it is ok
and said viral infections do resolve themselves
and told to gargle with warm water and disprin
but in internet i find contrasting remarks for gargling with disprin
and one of my friend said aspring of some dosage is banned in India
so, I would like to have your opinion
The doctor who examined you has said that it is probably a viral infection.
As he said, viral infections are self resolving.
Another thing is that, there are no drugs which acts specifically on specific viruses.
Because, they change their structure and characters often.
But, the do resolve by themselves.
Only required measure is to decrease the discomfort you are having.
the main target of treatment would be your symptoms.
That is, if you are having fever or headache.
Otherwise it is not required.
Doctor, as I was taking Paracetamol for last five days. I had planned to stop it from today as I dont have fever now. Is it ok to take paracetamol only when I have fever?
And for sore throat, as he said, gargling with warm water and dispirin is fine.
Ok doctor, is there any dosage of the soluable disprin which i should specifically ask for?
Even if you are not having Aspirin, you can dissolve one tea-spoon of table salt in warm water, and use it for gargling.
Ok doctor. Thank you very much Dr. XXXXXXX for your advise.
Thanks for consulting me.
Have a good day!
Is there anything else I could help you on?
As of now, nothing doctor. I would take leave now. Thanks for the help.
You too have a nice time, XXXXXXX
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Hiatal hernia tongue
- Fever scratchy throat headache
- What causes instant headache with fever
- Throat infection fever headache
- Hi redness of the skin covering the whole body
- How is median rhomboid glossitis treated
- I have been suffering from high cold and occasional fever
- How is enterobacter infection treated without antibiotics
- Throat painlumpshortness of breathback pain
- Hernia c5 c6
- Hi i need a prescription for stievamycin regular strength ge
- Scratchy throat sinus headache fever
- Can i cut off a growth under my tongue
- Coldloss of sensation to smell and taste
- Gland in neck hurts for no reason