Having throat infection and body pains. Took erythromycin and dolo. Advise? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
On Saturday i had throat infection and body pains, so i took erythromycin. The next day(sunday) i took dolo 650 as my body pains did not decrease and erythromycin. On Sunday i had 4 times loose stoll motion. Today, monday I did not take any medicine, but i have running nose and phelgm.Also twice loose stool motion. I feel very uneasy. Please advise.
May I know your age?
Are you running fever?
32 years female
no i do not have feaver
The symptoms you describe are suggesting an infection which is usually viral in nature.
Such viral illness are self limiting in nature, however the symptoms would take 3-5 days to recover.
Treatment during this time is symptomatic.
I see you have running nose (nasal congestion) along with loose stool with sorethroat and body aches.
i do not have soar thriat now
sorry sore throat
Good, so you have only 3 symptoms.
not exactly body aches, but very uneasyness
Erythromycin is an antibiotic and has no role in treating viral infections. It is also unlikely to be the reasons for loose stool, nasal congestion and other symptoms.
In this context, my suggestions are
1. Continue Tab. Dolo 650 mg twice or thrice a day depending on body aches.
2. For nasal congestion you can try steam inhalation three times a day and Tab. Cetrizine (antihistamine) at night for 2-3 days.
If the congestion is very severe, you can try nasal decongestant spray/drops too.
3. For loose stools, you can take oral rehydration fluids (ORS/Electral mixed with water)
along with Tab. Sporolac thrice a day for 2 days.
so i need not take erythromycin or any antibiotic correct
4. Antibiotic is not required.
In addition to these,
take plenty of fluids and rest well.
Fruits and vegetables give added benefits.
5. Lastly watch the progress of symptoms.
If symptoms worsen/last for more than 5 days in total
or if you develop high grade fever, it is an indication
that you need to visit doctor for clinical examination.
Have you followed?
s, thanks for the advice
Do you have any other query?
no, thank you
Thanks for consulting me.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Throat infection with testicular pain
- Chicken pox 21 years old
- Dolo 650 paracetamol throat infection
- 21 year old male chicken pox
- Phlegm chest congestion antibiotics
- Dengue hemorrhagic fever type 2 ncp
- Dolo 650 antibiotic for throat infection
- Percentage reliability of a tridot test
- Dolo 650 for throat infection
- Hydrogen peroxide diabetes type 2
- Taxim o 200mg in typhoid
- Throat infection stomach pain
- Piles and fistula wikipedia
- Pain in battens disease
- Pink spotting on depo provera