Having sound when i bend my knee. What could it be? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
Are you there?
There was some problem
Had to login again
Proceed with your query.
Its not painful but I just want to the reason
This happens only on the left knee. I drive a lot everyday. Could it be because of that?
The popping sound is generally due to movements of the fluid inside the joint.
It is generally not associated with any serious problem,
But is it healthy?
however sometimes degeneration inside the knee joint or problems with the ligaments/menisci can cause popping sound often.
Yeah I get that sound everyday
How can I avoid it?
I would put across in this way - if you are popping specific joints most of the time, then it is better to look if there is any problem inside.
If there are no problems detected on investigations, then popping joint is not a serious concern.
If there are associated problems, it needs to be treated.
The best way to avoid it is to get to know the cause of it.
So any specific x-ray that I should take for this?
If it is your knee joint alone which is causing the pops, we need to rule out knee joint problem per se.
Yeah its the knee joint
Yes, radiological test will be needed after a clinical examination.
Do you have any other query?
I will get a clinical examination done
Thats it. Thank you Dr
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Popping sound when knee bends
- Drugs/medication for small spider veins
- Knee popping when bending knee cap
- Knee crunching sound when bending
- Drugs/medication for post stroke epilepsy
- Pterygoid muscle strain
- Knee makes sound when bending
- Squishy lumps on veins in legs
- Shin splint skin burn
- Short sharp stabbing pains in sprained ankle
- Drugs/medication for old, certain diseases
- Drugs/medication for insulin secreting tumor
- Mutton paya soup
- Crack sound at knee when bend
- Drugs/medication for pain in ankle