Having sore throat, feeding infant. Is it safe to take cough syrup or erythromycin? - Online Doctor Chats
Hello Doctor; Good Evening
How can I help ?
I have a 3 months old son; my wife is exclusively breast feeding him.
She has a sore throat
or if you advise any other alternative medicine
No fever / Chest Pain. Just a painful feeling while swallowing saliva
There are a few things that can be done
Her parents are currently living with us and both are having a bad cough for which they are having medicines and syrup.
first is steam inhalation
second is she should be having tulsi tea
If it doesnt become ok
she needs to see a physician
we'll need a course of antibiotics
Earlier, just after delivery; Healthcare magic doc had said a strict no towards Cetrizine / Avil
Do you think you; she can have it now?
Small doses are acceptable
So thats why she can take it for 3-4 days
Is there anything else I can help with
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Crocin syrup for sore throat
- Baby has small hole near ear
- Baby sore hehind ear
- Reasons for discolored sperm
- Hand discoloration all my life
- Why baby puts ears to the floor
- Ampiclox or erythromycin for sore throat?
- Sore throat and chesty cough
- Baby ears yellow eyebrows
- Penis shaft skin purple discoloration
- Stds and discolored tingling tip of penis
- Baby fell and ear is swollen external
- Relent syrup is it for sore throat
- Sore throat cough roxid
- Remove discoloration from thigh