Having slight ear ache in my right ear. What could be the issue? - Online Doctor Chats
in a year i get this problem atleast 2 times
The last time i visited an ENT he told me not to use XXXXXXX cotton buds and i stopped a year ago
Is there any discharge from your ear?
Do you have any difficulties with hearing?
Any discharge from your ears ?
i do not use ear phones , ear buds, walkman , ipos ear phones. nothing but still i get this ear ache twice a year
no discharge... but it felt clogged so i used a cotton bud day before to clean the exteriors and it was a regular clean up no unusual discharges
Is there any problem with hearing?
no doctor i can hear well.
let me brief you.
but when i touch my ear lobe also it pains
I shall help you.
Based on the information, you provided, it looks like the problem is in the external ear.
Yes sometimes i have a hard time with my ear due to the wax
or due to some local injuries sustained by the ear bud.
The following measures can reduce the pain:
1. If the pain is tolerable, you can try oral pain reliever such as Tab. Dolo 650mg.
In addition otogesic ear drops can provide additional benefits.
2. Avoid probing your ear further.
3. If you still feel clogging in the ear, there could be some wax collected which can be removed by use of wax dissolving agents.
One doctor 2 years ago said i need a minor procedure to remove the wax which i didnt agree to coz i have heard some people have gone deaf after that procedure.
Can you please help me with the names of Wax dissolving agents'
we can use soliwax ear drops to help dissolving the wax and safe removal.
However rarely, this wax can be impacted and can be removed only by manual procedures.
Yes, there is a risk of injuries with manual removal
but as this is a simple procedure, in the hands of an experienced ENT surgeon
one can easily perform the procedure with minimal risks to ear.
You can try the ear dissolving solution,
if they do not help in clearing your ear, then I suggest you to consult an experienced ENT surgeon.
watch out for few symptoms such as ear discharge, difficulty with hearing, nasal; congestion, throat pain, sorethroat and fever.
If such symptoms appear, then it warrants use of antibiotic and specific treatment.
Have you followed what I have suggested?
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- How to numb the penis toothpaste
- Symptoms of right ear ache
- What causes ear aches
- Diagnosis of right ear ache
- Over the counter medication for vertigo
- Why do i start coughing at night
- Ear ache in right ear
- Hearing sounds that aren t there
- Right ear ache causes
- How much time need for ncct pns
- Dry cough can t sleep
- How reliable is norgeston
- How get rid scab near mouth
- Septoplasty and turbinate reduction
- How to protect your ulva nerve