Having severe headache, type of migraine and pain around the eyes. Medication? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
I have a question related to my friend.
Good afternoon. Proceed with your question.
This was never reported previously.
Only over the last two weeks, she has been having this symptom and it is not subsiding.
May I know her age?
Does she have other symptoms?
Her age is 31
She had this 3 years ago, when her daughter was born, but only for two days.
This time she is having it for more than two weeks with associated pain.
Between this last 3 years, has she had similar headaches?
Is she running fever?
Is she able to see normally or does she complaint of any vision disturbances?
Yes, she had fever last week days but no fever as of today.
No similar headache or visual disturbance.
Vision is clear.
Only headache and pain around the eyes.
Has she seen a doctor?
SHe consulted the doctor and was treated for fever and body pains.
When did she suffer this fever and body aches?
Do we need to get complete medical checkup done?
Is it recently?
Last week immediately after her cycle.
Does she take any pills for birth control?
Let me brief you.
Severe headaches and pain around eyes can be a symptom of neurological condition, sinus problems and eye problems.
Since she doesn't have any problems with vision, eye problems is less likely. However a eye check up along with intraoccular eye pressure monitoring is advisable.
If scans and eye check reveal no issues, then this could be a variant of migraine and can be treated with medications.
Hence she definitely needs check up; not complete health check up
but rather a check up planned and directed as per neurologist advice.
Have you followed?
I will consult a neurologist and get one done this weekend.
That would be good. Do you have any questions?
Are you there?
Thanks for consulting me.
I was making notes of your suggestions.
Bye for now.
Thanks for your help.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- How to get rid of cluster headaches
- Losing voice and fatigue with cluster headaches
- Drugs/medication for Severe headache
- Need medication for severe headache
- Is difficulty swallowing a side effect of aspirin/butalbital/caffeine/codeine?
- Is clumsiness or unsteadiness a side effect of amitriptyline/chlordiazepoxide?
- Severe headaches after medical abortion
- Severe headache black eye with swelling medication
- Is swelling of feet or lower legsblurred vision a side effect of methotrexate?
- Cluster headaches and mastrabation
- Cluster headache pre labour
- Have severe headache taking medication for migraine no relief cure
- Is pain, tenderness, or swelling of the foot or leg a side effect of klonopin?
- Withdrawal from grief and weed cluster headaches
- Is shakiness in the legs, arms, hands, or feet a side effect of levetiracetam?