Having painful and reddish boil on thigh. What medicine can I use? - Online Doctor Chats
hello Doctor !!
Dr XXXXXXX here
How can I help you?
Skin is very hard...and it pains. There are two ...close to each other
What medicine can I use..as Im Travelling tomorrow?
Since when are you having these boils?
Can you describe its size?
1/2 inch to one inch dia....
Is there any pus pointing from it?
Where are you planning to travel?
yes...I just put belladona plaster on one....and pus formed...but pain is still there..
moreover if infection remains...it can recur again
Where are you travelling to?
The boils you have most probably may be due to infected hair follicle.
Yes I thought so also....but is there any medicine which I can use...as its painful..:)
Applying dettol or any other irritant products, covering it with beladone plaster, trying to pinch it out, etc., are means of introducing infection
these complicate such simple conditions.
true doctor....what I should do now...
You will need to carefully remove the plaster. If needed visit your local doctor and remove it.
Plaster is removed already....
I would suggest you to try neosporin ointment and if pain is very severe, visit your doctor in the evening for specific procedures.
Have you followed?
yes doctor...any medicine for preventive...as I keep getting these boils round legs and hips...
Is it also linked to diet...like anything to avoid eating
Diabetes check is necessary.
Diet does not have any preventive role here.
If diabetes is excluded, some doctor prefer to use prophylactic antibiotics for 3-6 months.
Ok Doctor....should I consult a specialist?
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Side effects of propynate nf lotion
- Drugs/medication for acute myeloid leukemia
- Medicine for boils
- Boil on inner thigh fever pain what is treatment
- What medicine can heal a recurring boil on the thigh
- Skin problem bedsole
- Hair loss treatment for bedridden patients
- Drugs/medication for thrombocytopenia
- What does large painful and swollen boil on thighs indicate
- Drugs/medication for calcaneal spur
- Otocomb otic cold sore and ear sores
- What is the treatment for a red boil on thighs
- Drugs/medication for phenylketonuria
- Stinky boils
- Drugs/medication for articular cartilage injuries