Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Having lump at the back of ear. Small growth of skin near the ear ring. Treatment? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 14-Sep-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:Hello doctor..
User:I have a question regarding a lump at the back of my ear
User:I wear an ear ring and it was ok for a few years
User:however, for the past few month,
User:there is a small growth of skin near the ear ring
User:though it is not painful
User:I am afraid it could lead to some puss growth
User:would you advise on how to get rid of that?
Doctor:I would like to know how big the growth is?
Doctor:Is it near the area where ear was punctured?
User:yes it is near the area it was punctured
Doctor:Is it possible to send photographs of the area?
User:like a sabudaana size
User:how to send doctor?
Doctor:I would want to look a close up picture. You can take the picture with a good quality camera/phone and mail it to YYYY@YYYY
Doctor:address the mail with subject as "Attn.XXXX"
Doctor:If you are doing that right away, let me know when you have sent it.
User:ok..I will..
User:however, in the mean time, should I take care of anything?
User:or any ointment or something?
Doctor:The lump may not be abscess growth at all.
Doctor:Abscess is usually painful..
Doctor:I would like to exclude other conditions like keloid.
Doctor:Therefore the picture can help.
Doctor:If sending a picture is not feasible, you can visit your nearest doctor for examination.
Doctor:He can exclude those conditions and suggest the right treatment.
User:I will send the picture in a day doctor.
User:and I will await your further advice on this..
User:thanks for your time today
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor