Having low appetite. Not feeding and passing stools regularly. Suggest - Online Doctor Chats
Dr XXXXXXX here
How can I help you?
I needed information on baby XXXXXXX
Proceed with your query.
My son is 6 month old and in the last 3 - 4days he does not seem to have much appetite
he does not cry for feeds and even if we feed he does not show much interest.
he is passing motion daily once though and also urinates often
So wanted to know if this is normal
May I know if your son is active otherwise?
yes he is active.
Is he drowsy or running fever?
Let me brief you.
its only that he is comparatively having less feeds as compared to earlier
Appetite in a pediatric patient depends on his/her body needs.
On the long run, if reduced appetite is affecting his developemental mile stones and growth.
If none of these factors are affected, then low appetite is not concerned.
Your son will feed as per his requirement.
Restrict giving him high calorie diet such as sweets, chocolates, ice cream, etc.
And visit your doctor and try deworming if he hasn't undergone one yet.
ok. Can it be psycological? Since i have resumed work last week and not giving him breast feed.
though i had started weaning last month itself
If he was being used to breast feed, then that could be a cause.
Weaning is a gradual process
where his usual feed is gradually withdrawn
while adding a new diet.
If you have stopped breast milk abruptly, then probably you need to change that.
Withdraw breast feeding gradually while supplementing new feeds is the best way to wean.
Ok. Thank you doctor, will also check on deworming.
You are welcome.
Do you have any other query?
No doctor. Thank you.
Thanks for the query.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Frequently passing stools yellowish colour stools and urine suggestion
- Regular stool followed by loose stool
- Homeopathy medicine for diastolic dysfunction
- Bleeding nose in 55 year old man
- 5mth old baby nabel leaking
- Hard stools and then regular stools
- Nausea shaking and diarriah
- Cold for 5th month baby
- Heart problems and diarrihia
- Why baby not passing stool regularly
- Cough for 5th month baby
- My 5month olds stool is yellow
- Diarrohea dizzy late period
- Diarrhea and wind symptoms
- Suggest treatment for problem passing stools