Having high TSH. Do we need to take medicine lifelong or till its cured? - Online Doctor Chats
i hv few queries on thyroid
I am a general physician
1) if only TSH level is high, 9.8 , and all other hormones are normal, then do we need to take allopathy medicines life long? or it can be taken only till it is cured
I believe I can help you within my expertise and if required I shall recommend a specialist.
2) is there any diet control when TSH level is 9.8
You will have to continue the medicines until your all hormone levels come to normal. that includes TSH
2. You will have to include iodized salt in your diet to improve your thyroid function.
3) i am taking homeo medicine since 8 months for thyroid and TSh level are slighly varying for these 8 months but, this month my TSH went to 15.8 when i did the test on 21st XXXXXXX it is 8 points high. My homeo doctor said it can't raise so hign in 1 month and asked me to repeat TSH test. this morning i had it again and report has come as 11.8
You should also avoid cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower.
is there a chance that the reports are wrong. OR can TSH vary so much with in 5 days with same medicine and dosage.
If you are taking regular medications, it is not expected to change suddenly. Yes, reports can go wrong.
I would like to know, was there any difference in how you felt within these days?
Was your T3 and T4 levels normal?
i felt squeezing throat once in last week
I had complete thyroid profile test done 4 months ago. every thing was normal except TSH
so not doing complete test every month.
Ok. May I know your age?
only going for TSH as per my homeo doctor suggestrion
let me guide you regarding this.
i am not so willing to start allopathy medicine as Doctor said if I start those medicines i should continue them through out my life
I understand your concern.
so want to cure thyroid with homeo medicines as I am stop taking thyroid mecine once my thyroid levels are normal
Ok. If your levels are getting normal with homoeo medicine, you can continue taking it.
one more query is will Soya affect TSH levels?
It is just that there are many branches of medicine. You can always choose the one which suits you.
Yes. Some research studies states that Soya can increase the levels of TSH.
I can give you some suggestions regarding how you can manage the thyroid problem.
okay doctor. pls suggest
1. For now, continue taking homoeo medicines.
2. Do follow the diet restrictions mentioned above.
3. This month you have already done TSH levels twice. So, next month go for a complete thyroid profile.
That will give a fair idea about how your thyroid hormones are doing.
4. You can opt for a holistic treatment, which combines allopathy, homoeo and ayurveda.
Have you followed my suggestions?
Is there anything else that I can help you with?
nothing else. thanks for your suggestions.
Thanks for consulting me. Let me know if you have any health related queries.
Please do leave a feedback if you are pleased with this service.
ok. have a good evening
Have a nice weekend!!
bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- What medicine should i take to reduce my tsh level
- Soapy taste in mouth hormones
- Pregnancy hormones twitching muscles
- Normal values of thyroid hormones in neonates
- Curing high tsh with medicine
- Taking medicine to control tsh level looking for diet plan
- What medicine should i take for tsh
- Having tsh level 545 do i need medicines
- 16 month old baby vometing
- Vertin 16 and alcohol
- 16 months old baby with nephrotic syndrome
- Red marks on neck hormones
- Men wear saree hormone
- Diet chart for 16 month old baby
- Distended stomach 16 month old baby